Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Run to catch King Kong!!

lm9012
January 2nd, 2006, 09:31 PM
I caught in this weekend. it was awesome! A bit long so make sure you pick a theatre with comfy seats! I wasn't too big on it at first, but i was pleasently surprised. Lots of action and great CGI effects..

Prin
January 2nd, 2006, 10:14 PM
Aww... You shudda posted before. We were going to catch the 8:45 show tonight but didn't get off our hineys in time... (probably would have been sold out though).

raingirl
January 6th, 2006, 07:07 PM
My bf wants to see it, but I have absolutely NO URGE to. I hate that girl in it (can't think of her name) and did not like any of the previous king kongs. My bf thinks I am being too judgemental. I would just rather wait for it to come on video and then borrow it for free from someone.

lm9012
January 9th, 2006, 07:00 PM
raingirl..i was just like you. I had NO interest in any king kong movies, i thought the plot would be kinda dumb. my bf is a graphic designer so he wanted to go to check out the special effects. I turned out to really like it! I know what you mean about hating certain actresses. You can't pay me to see a gwyneth paltrow movie. ha!

HunterXHunter
January 24th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Sorry if this post offends anybody but it has to be said...

While the special effects and graphics may have been amazing, what drove me away from this movie is the stupid plot/idea. Put yourself in the shoe of one of those adventurers (or whatever you wanna call them), and you came across an dinosaur (T-Rex I believe?) and a giant gorilla. Which one would you have taken home? The giant gorilla is amazing, but there's a slim chance that it could have been a growth spurt gone horribly out of control. The dinosaur on the other hand, is known to be already extinct, so wouldn't you think people would be more interested in seeing that?

Just my $0.02.

jesse's mommy
January 24th, 2006, 10:00 PM
My bf wants to see it, but I have absolutely NO URGE to. I hate that girl in it (can't think of her name) and did not like any of the previous king kongs. My bf thinks I am being too judgemental. I would just rather wait for it to come on video and then borrow it for free from someone.

I'm with you on this one. I have no desire to see this movie. I told Jim he can watch it by himself because I hate the idea and that I think it's cruel. He thinks I'm ridiculous, but I don't care. I've just never been a fan of the entire concept of the movie.