Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Waking up at night to go out?

BabyGrl
January 2nd, 2006, 05:40 PM
Hi there,

We have Shelby crate trained. She seems very good with it, when we put her in it at night to go to sleep she just lies down and sleeps, and when we put her in it to go in the car, she doesn't make a sound. She whines for a bit when we put her in to go to work and then stops. But at night, she is waking up at like 3 or 4 or 5 in the morning and has to go out. I get up at 6:30. Is there anyway to get her to sleep through until 6:00 or 6:30 till I get up?? We haven't slept through a full night since we got her and it's hard to try and go back to sleep when you have to get up an hour or two later.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!! :)

Lucky Rescue
January 2nd, 2006, 06:43 PM
Isn't she something like 10 weeks old? (Correct me if I'm wrong!) All puppies are different, but at that age she may need to go out during the night for now. When you take her out, make sure it's JUST for pee or poop - no fooling around, then back to bed. You don't want her thinking it's play time!:p

She whines for a bit when we put her in to go to work and then stops. But at night,

Is she in a crate all day, then again all night? How many hours out of 24 is she caged? Does someone come in during the day to let her out?

BabyGrl
January 2nd, 2006, 07:00 PM
Yes, she's about 11 weeks old. She does just go out and pee and poop, trust me, I'm in no mood to fool around at 3 a.m. :p

She's in the crate at night then comes into bed with us after her late night bathroom break. Then my fiance puts her in again before he goes to work, which could be 8:00a.m. or 1:00p.m. He comes home mid day to put her out too.