Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

lost sheppard/lab male in Tottenham, Ontario

chimo
January 2nd, 2006, 04:31 AM
Hello Everyone. I am a new member and sadly lost my dog on New years eve. He is just over 1 year old and his name is Tucker. He is mostly black with brown on his face, ears and part of his body. I had only just taken him over 6 days ago from a family that was not able to care for him any longer. He is very freindly and loves kids and other dogs. He is new to this area and does not yet know his way home. Please help bring him home.
please call Chris at 905-936-6612 or email at chimo13@sympatico.ca
Thanks vey much.

mona_b
January 2nd, 2006, 07:15 AM
I suggest(if you haven't already done it) is to put up posters in your area.Place them in malls,vet offices,SPCA,anywhere you can.Also put it in the newspaper.

Is he microchipped?
Is he neutered?
Does he have a collar on?

Can you post a pic of him on here?

chimo
January 2nd, 2006, 08:52 AM
Thanks Mona.
I have put up posters all over the community. Since we only got the dog over the holidays, we were not able to get him tagged. He is not yet neutered, i had planned on arranging it this week.
Chris

chimo
January 2nd, 2006, 09:19 AM
i have tried to include a photo, but it exceeds the limit of 100 kbs. Not sure how to change that.

raingirl
January 2nd, 2006, 10:59 AM
Do you have any photo editing software on your computer? You need to reduce the size of the photo using some kind of software. I suggest downloading "Picasa" from Google, as it is free and easy to use. THere is an option to export photos from the file menu, once you have it running. just find and click on the photo you want to post (Picasa will automatically when you start it link to ALL photos on your computer). Then under File choose Export Picture to Folder. If you click resize image: Resize button, then slide over to about 450 pixels, you should be ok to post it here.

Otherwise, have you contacted the family you got him from? Dogs have an inate sense to get to where they came from. He may have tried to go there.

chimo
January 2nd, 2006, 11:38 AM
The family that we got him from are over an hour away in Fergus. I cannot imagine that he could get that far but you never know. i will follow your advice and try and post the picture.
Thanks