Live in a Villiage of Idiots---Help

smartie
November 18th, 2003, 01:20 PM
Spirit's Echo I can imagine how you feel, it even hurts to be so helpless,
when people are absolutely fooled by mass media and turn into idiots

i wish i could help :mad:

Spirit's Echo
December 31st, 2005, 01:46 PM
I live in a small town , or village where the village idiot is probably the closest relative to the mayor. The town is in an uproar about a pit bull attack last week, now wants to ban them. This summer a boxer was loose and bit an elderly woman a few times and my the newspaper had her being mauled with body parts all over the yard and of course the dog turned out to be a pit bull {according to the paper}. Now all I hear from the idiots is how these killer dogs "smell blood" and come back to their victims place to finish them off. This came about because of some psycho writing to the editor in the paper saying that after two pits mauled her chained up outside dog {that some neighbor managed to just walk over to and pick up while the dogs were still fighting, carry into the house and save the dog without a bite to himself...hhhmmm} that those savage beasts came back two more times that night looking to finish off her poor pup. HELP? What can I tell them to prove dogs are no longer wolves that smell blood and come back to finish off their crime.

Lucky Rescue
December 31st, 2005, 02:55 PM
I don't know what to tell you. The media is like a flock of hysterical vultures and they know that "Pit Bull Attacks!" sells more papers than would "Mutt/Boxer etc Attacks!" MANY of these dogs are not pit bulls at all, as much of the general public cannot tell a pit bull from a beagle.

two pits mauled her chained up outside dog {that some neighbor managed to just walk over to and pick up while the dogs were still fighting, carry into the house and save the dog without a bite to himself...hhhmmm

Right. Amazing isn't it? With many other breeds, this person would have been seriously injured. And there are MANY other breeds who would maul another dog as well, but no one cares about them. Most people also do not understand that human aggression and dog aggression are two totally different things, as illustrated by your story.

IN the last 6 months or so here, one person was hospitalized after being attacked by a GSD, and a young boy got 114 stitches in his face from a Husky, but these stories didn't even make the front page. Had a pit bull been responsible for either attack, I"m sure people would be yelling to ban them.

Irresponsible, stupid owners are the cause of dog attacks always. A simple fix - make the leash laws tighter and the penalty for breaking them much more severe. No leashed or fenced dog can attack anyone. Banning breeds is not going to cure the stupidity or viciousness of people.

Ford
January 4th, 2006, 02:51 PM
*bump due to posting date error*