Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The good things about our pets

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 30th, 2005, 10:56 PM
We all come on here and look for advice about our pets behavior etc etc...
but what about the good things about our pets. The things that we love most about our animals.

The things I love about Joey are:

He is so happy to see you even when youve been gone from the room for 30 seconds. His bum and tail wiggles 50 miles an hour. :D

He rarely barks, but will bark if someone is at the door or he senses someones outside.

He can do a sit, down stay and a heel from across the room, he'll walk halfway then do a down stay again.

He is great in the bath.

He loves most people, and will bark at someone if they give me the heebeejeebies.

He sits and watches us eat but doesnt beg for food.

He cleans up his toys and puts them in his bed.

He will come up to me and give me a hug, and do a nose blow in my ear.

He sleeps in his bed all night, and will come to greet me first thing at 4:30 am when I get up.

He loves cats and tries to make friends with them.

Okay its your turn now. :D

Prin
December 31st, 2005, 12:18 AM
ooo brag time!

I love my doggies because no matter who we meet, by the end of the visit, everybody wishes they could have dogs as good as mine...
I love my doggies because people think they just came to me really good and trained (I know they didn't and I'd like some credit but still, it must mean they're pretty trained right?)

I love my doggies because I have a dog for everything. Jemma is for cuddling when I'm sad (she's very intuitive) and at night (she's very clingy in her sleep). Boo is for making me laugh, for listening to me and for big Boo hugs.

Boo keeps my life difficult and makes me appreciate him every day by running off or scaring me in some other way (just to remind me that he's not invincible nor infinite..). Jemma reminds me that life can be simple because she just understands. You don't even have to train her. She just knows already.

Boo is also very VERY human. His eyes communicate so much, you'd swear he's really listening and understanding, even if you're reading him a biology textbook in an effort to stay awake. Jemma is my mom. She cleans up after me, takes care of Boo for me, and knows everything that's going on with me.

Boo is randomly curious and Jemma is focused and determined. Boo gets tired easily and is great to laze around with and Jemma has endurance and energy to pep you up on the worst days.

And together? They make the perfect team. Just enough overlapping personality so that they can goof off together and make us laugh, but just enough individual personality so they can be so special on their own. They both have this unbelievable ability to be serious one minute and total goofs the next.

Lastly, I'm proud because these two babies come from horrible pasts and I trust them both completely- with kids, with other dogs, with strangers and with us. They have very good hearts despite all they have been through.

I'm very proud of my babies.:love:

heather331
December 31st, 2005, 07:30 AM
wow...i dont know if i can follow up on those great pets but, i'll try. i'll start with the oldest

Miss Maui: what a priss! she is the most beautiful kitty in the world (sorry i'm a bit bias...and dont tell Luna i said that) she prisses and prances around like she is wearing little furry high heels. she stays to herself more than my other kitty. she likes to lay on top of the cabinets in the kitchen and to sleep curled up around my head in the mornings. she is also my hair stylist. she loves to lick and groom me. she's not much of a lap kitty but likes to cuddle in bed at night.

Luna: Luna can look right through my eyes sometimes it seems. she seems to know exactly what i'm thinking all the time. if i believed in reincarnation and stuff like that i would swear she use to be a person. i've never met a cat like her. she will just sit and look at you. i often find her just staring at me. she loves water. not getting a bath but just playing in a sink with dripping water and licking the faucet. it's funny, as i lay on the couch typing this, just as i get to her name, she jumps down from where she is laying and comes over to me and lays her head and paw on my leg and looks at me like, "what are you doing mama?" she's a mess. she is a lot needier than miss maui. if she isnt just sitting somewhere staring at me then she is lying near me. for some reason she loves to come get in my lap when i am on the computer. she will come into the computer room and look up at me and "meow" as if she is asking can i come up. i'll tell her to come up and she will rub all over my face getting that wonderful black kitty hair in my mouth. she is also my kneader. she love to jump up on the bed at night and stand on my chest and knead her little claws in. being a female this is especially uncomfortable at times! she also likes to talk. she is very vocal. she wears a little tuxedo with white socks and white gloves. she is also a bit on the chubby side. i love all of my pets but out of all of them she can make me feel better when i am feeling down.

last but not least.....

Dakota: pheeeewwww!!!! what a mess she has been and of course a joy too. i've only had her since october. she is now 4 months old and is going to soon be spayed. shhhh dont tell her that :eek: . she is the most unique dog i have ever seen. she has the body of a german shepherd and the face of a husky. she has one blue eye and one brown eye. one ear stands up and the other flops down. she is so very hyper but boy does she make me laugh. since this is suppose to be positive things about our pets i wont mention that she's not housetrained yet :sad: .....but when she does have an accident in the floor i have to try not to laugh because she will lay down in front of it and bark at it as if saying "mom! come look what i did!" or like a little kid yelling, "mom!!! come wipe me!" the first time she did this it was hillarious. not so funny anymore but we are working on that. she is very smart. she learned to sit, shake, and lay down all within an hour one day and now she can do it on command consistently. when she is out of water she will go to the sink and bark. i personally think this is just brillant! she loves ice. if she hears you getting ice from the ice machine in the fridge she will come running and sit very patiently waiting for her ice. this may be her favorite treat. when she bites i sometimes lightly pop her on the snout and she thinks this is a game and she will swat her paw back at me. when this happens i cant help but laugh. she does it when the cats swat at her too. she's a big goofball and she makes me laugh. she is 100% mama's girl. she follows me everywhere and is very jealous when luna or miss maui get in mama's lap.

I'm sure there are other great things about my pets that i forgot to mention but thats the most of it. they are all great in their own ways and i love each and everyone of them to peices. :grouphug:

Byrd
December 31st, 2005, 10:29 AM
The things I love most about Willow:

That wagging nub... it goes so fast, how does it do that?

She is VERY smart, picks up on things quickly.

She is good for grooming.

She is a very healthy, happy dog.

She looooves to cuddle.

She is affectionate, gives good hugs and kisses.

She is able to be left alone.

She loves everyone, and does not make strange.

She is a good guard dog.

She is fun to play with, gives mommy good laughs.

She is so pretty and nice to look at.

That's all I can think of for now.

Rick C
December 31st, 2005, 11:38 AM
The quiet moments when your best friends come to say hello . . . .

http://www.goldentales.ca/P1090035_edited-1.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

twodogsandacat
December 31st, 2005, 12:44 PM
I'm starting to get really really jealous of Rick C and those postcard quality pictures.;)

Prin
December 31st, 2005, 01:54 PM
Starting?:D

chico2
December 31st, 2005, 04:05 PM
I love my cats,for just being cats,warm,cuddly,comforting and their beautiful eyes are full of wisdom,it's almost scary how they sense how you feel,especially my Rocky,who is never further away from me than 2 feet:D
To me my home would just be a house,without my babies...they enrich your life the way no human can and I could not imagine life without my furries:love:

lm9012
January 10th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Because he instinctively awaits my entrance at the front door at 7 p.m sharp everyday (my bf has been keeping track, no lie!)

As soon as I come in, I get sloppy kisses, a wagging tail, and a howl.

I will never be late for work, even if I forget to set my alarm clock, at 7:30 a.m sharp everyday he wakes me up.

He plays rough with daddy, but is always super gentle with me.

The way he 'purrs' when he's happy and warm all cuddled up with us.

He warms the bath mat for me while I'm in the shower, then helps me dry up by licking my legs dry.

He's a loner, just like we are, we are happy in our world and don't need anyone else. :grouphug:

His expressions are priceless..there's the 'Hey, what are you eating over there'..'Are you ok?'.....'I didn't mean to'....'I'm so happy to see you'...'Hey, get away from my family!'.....'Where are you going? I'm coming too right???'...'Wait for me...I gotta get my sweater!!!!'

He's super friendly..especially if you tell him how handsome he is..

He is the best foot warmer in the whole world.

I know he will always protect me.

He's a GREAT listener!

All he asks is that we love him.

He picked us to be his parents. :love:

doggy lover
January 10th, 2006, 05:41 PM
The best thing about my doggy is when I come home from a crappy day at work this is what greets me at the door............

cpietra16
January 10th, 2006, 05:53 PM
I never feel lonely...they always show up when I need the company. I love them all for their own personalities. But best of all I think I love them because they are teaching my kids how to be empathetic and caring towards all animals.

TobsterMom
January 10th, 2006, 06:08 PM
What a nice thread!

I love Toby because:

He doesn't realize he's a dog

He is my shadow

He's a piece of my heart

He's so goldenly goofy

He has the softest ears, when I'm sad or lonely he lets me feel his ears

His big brown eyes melt my heart

He loves to play chase and hide and seek, even though he's not very good

He takes over the couch and makes you feel guilty enough to move

He's not overly affectionate, but knows just when to give me a kiss

He always finds socks and brings them to me, when he can't track down socks he'll bring me my underwear, always with the "I brought you this" expression

He's the perfect mixture of smart and not-so-smart

Even the times where he's a big fuzzy pain in the ass, I could squeeze and kiss and love him more!

wdawson
January 10th, 2006, 06:30 PM
For me it's all about the huge licks for the morning greet and when i get him from daycare...........and he cracks me up when i leave him for just a minute , you would think i left for a week::D

vfrohloff
January 15th, 2006, 12:45 AM
Wow, how fun! Ok, this could be long.....

Benny: My first Greyhound. I love the way he has to sniff every corner of the yard before he pees and then looks at me so proudly when he does.

Sophie: My second Greyhound. I love her stupid smile. She has a grin from ear to ear that is scary to some, but so cute to me.

Minew (cat): The way she looks at me like there is no other person in the world she could love more.

Martin (cat): I love that he is pure white and always seems to love me most when I am wearing black.

Charlene (cat): I love that when I pick her up and hug her she hugs me back.

Petunia (cat): I love that I found her at 3 weeks old and she thinks I am her real mommy. I also love that when she gets affectionate her tail puffs up.

Tobey (cat): I love that when I pick her up her tail wraps around my arm and she buries her head in the crook of my arm.

Benson (cat): I love that when he sits in my lap he leans his whole body against me and stares right into my eyes as if he can see through my soul.

OK, I have to go and love all my pets now!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 15th, 2006, 07:32 AM
I love the way Joey sways his bum and wiggles his tail from side to side when he walks.

I love the way he now goes and stands by his coat when he wants me to take him for a walk.

I love the way when we get home from our walk he immediately starts rolling and burrowing into the carpet to try and take the coat off.

this sounds silly but I love the way he kicks the grass and growls after he "goes"

Prin
January 15th, 2006, 07:56 PM
I love when I get up in the morning and big Boo is struggling to show me his belly to get a rub.

And the hugs. Jemma never gave hugs before we got her but now she gives the best doggy hugs. Boo gives huge doggy hugs, where your arms barely reach around him.

And how they make me laugh. They always make me laugh. :)

Byrd
January 15th, 2006, 08:18 PM
I love that she got so worn out at Nana's that she has been sleeping since 2:00 p.m. (it is 9:18 right now).