Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is there anybody try Lydia Hiby (animal psychic) ?

mycat
December 29th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Is there anybody in this forum try (or hear about) Lidya Hiby ?

I read a story about her in my local newspaper (which came from the Los Angeles Times). The story is about a dog owner, whose dog was ill for 10 days, and vets was stumped. But she found out what's wrong (the dog ate mice poison).

I am very surprised. I wish I know her before.

I just look at her website. 40$ for 15 minutes consultation (thru phone) seems to be fine if the problem can be pinpointed at once.

Here http://www.lydiahiby.com

Please share your experience. I hope she's not a quack.

Byrd
December 29th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Never heard of her, but I did take an animal communications course that teaches you how to communicate telepathically with animals.

Prin
December 29th, 2005, 09:44 PM
I'm not a believer, sorry.

mycat
December 30th, 2005, 10:17 AM
I did take an animal communications course that teaches you how to communicate telepathically with animals.

1) Have you ever applied what you learned ? Did it help ?

2) Did you ever find something (related to your pet illness) your vets could not find ?

3) Could you explain more details ? Like when you're saying "communicate telepathically with animals", do you mean you, somehow, exchange the ideas with your pets ? Did the pet tell you where he/she feel pain, or where he/she is hide/lost ?

Thanks very much

Rottielover
December 30th, 2005, 10:32 AM
This is a joke right!!!!!. She does not even see your animal and claims this...Too funny for words, except for the people getting their money ripped off sorry.
I believe some people posess the ability to read body language, and behaviour of pets, But this is a waste of money.

StaceyB
December 30th, 2005, 10:46 AM
I don't believe in this and agree it is a scam to get your money. What happens when you don't find out, does she say well the dog didn't want to talk today, how about you try tomorrow.
Reading body language, yes.

joeysmama
December 30th, 2005, 10:51 AM
I'm sorry, but I think people like this are taking advantage of others. I think that some people might be more experienced at understanding an animal's behavior, or body language. But to do a psychic pet reading over the phone ?? Legal pickpocketing. Shame on them.

Prin
December 30th, 2005, 02:37 PM
And on top of it, she worked as an AHT for years before deciding she could talk to animals. Well, how many years does it take to spot one poison case as an AHT and then pretend that the next animal with the same symptoms was talking to you? :rolleyes:

Byrd
December 30th, 2005, 03:29 PM
1) Have you ever applied what you learned ? Did it help ?

2) Did you ever find something (related to your pet illness) your vets could not find ?

3) Could you explain more details ? Like when you're saying "communicate telepathically with animals", do you mean you, somehow, exchange the ideas with your pets ? Did the pet tell you where he/she feel pain, or where he/she is hide/lost ?

Thanks very much

1) I just finished the course so have not yet had a chance to use it much... well, maybe to show Willow exactly what I want her to do with training, and yes, she does pick it up.

2) Actually as a 'registered' animal communicator, you are not allowed to diagnose illnesses.

3) You can exchange pictures, thoughts, or verbal... depends on the animal.

And, yes, it can be done from a distance. We did it in class and the person that did Willow was dead on.

This lady is probably like most psychics, out to use her natural abilities to make a profit. Like psychics, some are scam artists, and some are the real deal.

It is a fact that animals are naturally psychic, and certain people can pick up on that. How do you think your pet can judge whether or not they like someone? How does your pet know if they are going for a walk long before you even tell them, or that you are going out and leaving them behind? Animals see spirits. And, last, but definitely not least, why were no wild animals killed in the tsunami last year? Think about it.

LM1313
December 30th, 2005, 04:48 PM
I'm not a believer. But if someone pays attention to animals, they may intuitively guess what's wrong. I don't consider intuition to be the same as being psychic, however.

What would be interesting would be to gather about five hundred animals who have been diagnosed with specific ailments, call the lady up, and see what percent of the time she was right. Without allowing her to ask more than the most basic questions--if you have to ask "have you put any rat poison down lately", what's the point of being psychic?

One of the reason I am skeptical these psychics is they always put the animal's supposed feelings in such anthromorphic terms. I love my animals. They are family members. But they are not human beings. Why is it always "Fluffy wants you to brush her more" and never "Fluffy wants you to leave the toilet open so she can drink from it, that water is totally awesome"? ;)

~LM~

joeysmama
December 30th, 2005, 04:57 PM
"Fluffy wants you to leave the toilet open so she can drink from it, that water is totally awesome"?

~LM~

LM, you're a hoot !! I knew someone whose co-worker went to a psychic and they were all so impressed because she said that this woman had a Michael and a Mark in her life. Sheesh ! (She's about my age and I think there were three or four Michael's and Mark's in my grade every year.) And you know what was AMAZING?? She had once dated a Michael and the girl who sits three desks away has a brother named Mark !!! Astounding right ??:rolleyes:

mummummum
December 30th, 2005, 06:41 PM
I think the word "psychic" and poof - Madame Mysterious, her Crystal Ball and "Gypsy" get-up appears. By telephone via a non-neutral 3rd party ? Pluto - come in Pluto ! Do you read Uranus ? Copy that Mitsubishi and we're outta here...I can't take it seriously. With that said, I do believe that we all have an ability - telepathy, intuition, 6th sense -whatever you wish to name it -and some people more than others have awakened, cultivated or simply recognize and utilize this skill. I think that animals are likely more easily communicated with simply because they are simpler, more honest and more guileless creatures than are humans. That's not to say I believe my grrrrls are at this very moment silently reciting The Canterbury Tales in it's original Olde English. I don't. I think they are silently scheming new ways to GET MUMMY TO RUB MY TUMMY MORE THAN SHE DOES MY SISTER'S ...oh yeah and MORE FOOD. In all seriousness, I know that I have had moments with all of my dawgs (and horses) where I have felt a "oneness" in mind, a link and I knew what they were experiencing at that moment. I absolutely believe that animals have far more experience in using this skill than do I - animals are more awake to the earth and to an uncomplicated, word-free world.

LM1313
December 30th, 2005, 07:10 PM
LOL@mummummum! Where are you, Pluto, where aaaare yooou?

I definitely believe that some animals have a sixth sense that humans don't. (Not all animals . . . ticks and wood lice are animals and I doubt they have it.) I don't think it's mystical, though--I think it's just one of those things that humans can't sense, like the way we don't understand what a bumblebee's dance means or how ants can do multiplication or how we can't see the ultraviolet patterns on flowers that mean " ATTENTION INSECTS! Come get nectar and deposit pollen HERE!" ;)

I do believe it's possible for a human to subconsciously learn to interpret an animal's expression, behavior, and quirks (and for the animals to learn ours) to the point where there's communication. But I would say that's intuition and non-verbal interpretation, not some mystical, psychic ability . . . just as even if we don't memorize the laws of physics, we subconsciously "know" them enough to walk upright and predict where we'll land when we jump. :)

Here's an interesting fact: prairie dogs have a language. It's too high-pitched and fast for our naked ear to tell, but scientists recorded, slowed down, and analyzed their squeaks and found out they have different sounds for hawk, antelope, deer, coyote, tall human, short human, human with a gun, human in a yellow shirt, and others. Also, when shown a new object they wouldn't see in nature, like the silhouette of a black oval, different prairie dogs would spontaneously put together the same "word" for it. It makes you wonder! :eek:

~LM~

mycat
December 30th, 2005, 08:53 PM
1) 2) Actually as a 'registered' animal communicator, you are not allowed to diagnose illnesses.

3) You can exchange pictures, thoughts, or verbal... depends on the animal.

And, yes, it can be done from a distance. We did it in class and the person that did Willow was dead on

1) "Not allowed to diagnose illnesses" ??? Sure, I agree. There is no way the pet tells you "I have cancer". Or "I have FIV". But he/she can tell you, like "I feel pain in my belly", or "I feel hard to breathe", or "the neighbor cat bite my leg last week", or "I feel uneasy after eating stuffs in the dumpster 3 blocks away", ..., (I make all up, since I don't know HOW a pet know English to transport theirs ideas ??), right ?

2) Could you be more specific on what "was dead on" ? I wonder if this is just a very easy thing to guess (thus most of the time will be correct to most pets), or something very special to Willow only ?

3) Does it help to find pet lost ?

4) Did the trainer/instructor told you about the probability, in average, of pinpointing the problem correctlly ? And in how many times ? If the probabilty to be correct is 50/50 after the 3rd time of consultation, then I will be very doubtful.

Byrd
December 30th, 2005, 11:30 PM
"Not allowed to diagnose illnesses" ??? Sure, I agree. There is no way the pet tells you "I have cancer". Or "I have FIV". But he/she can tell you, like "I feel pain in my belly", or "I feel hard to breathe", or "the neighbor cat bite my leg last week", or "I feel uneasy after eating stuffs in the dumpster 3 blocks away", ..., (I make all up, since I don't know HOW a pet know English to transport theirs ideas ??), right ?

Well, ethnicity. They do not want to to try to take on the role of vet. Some people might mistaken what you say for medical advice. Acutally, pain is almost differed, as in you pick up on what they are feeling.

2) Could you be more specific on what "was dead on" ? I wonder if this is just a very easy thing to guess (thus most of the time will be correct to most pets), or something very special to Willow only ?

Well, first off she was on a high for two days after. She picked up on the blue ball specifically (Willow told her she likes the blue ball - which would be her Holey Roller). She picked up a lot of masculine energy and Willow is a very butchy dog (sometimes I swear she is lesbian). Willow bragged a lot about how fast she is... constantly bragged about it. And the words "They are here, they will play" came across clearly... well, at the same time (I found this out later) that we were doing the readings in Pickering, my landlord and lady came by to do some work in the house and were in the basement just outside the door where Willow is. Too much coincidence for me.

3) Does it help to find pet lost ?

Oh yeah!!!

4) Did the trainer/instructor told you about the probability, in average, of pinpointing the problem correctlly ? And in how many times ? If the probabilty to be correct is 50/50 after the 3rd time of consultation, then I will be very doubtful.

Well, it is not used to pinpoint a problem and a well practiced communicator can be 100% on the first try.

Prin
December 30th, 2005, 11:42 PM
I don't know... I mean it's all about learning communication but my dog's will never speak English to me. I highly doubt that they are thinking in English either. And a dog telling you they ate something bad? Not hard to figure out. A dog telling you their leg hurts? Not hard to figure out either. A dog telling you they're having a hard time breathing? Anybody would hear it if they took the time to listen.

Seriously, if a dog told you they had stage 1 cancer of the liver and were asymptomatic, then I'd believe a bit more. But so far, the only thing that this psychic has figured out are things with symptoms and like I said before anybody who worked as an AHT for years would pick up on that, not as a psychic but as a scientist and caregiver. That's why it's a croc.

Communicate with your pets, fine. But not in English and you don't have special powers or gifts if your dog is telling you it's hurting when you can see the limp (if you don't see the limp, maybe you need to take better care of your pet).

And tell me that the horse story on her website isn't a heap of crap. I mean, she was probably told that the current owner inherited the horse and put 2 and 2 together and made up the reason for his "issues". It's like a placebo. You tell the new owner that her horse is ok, and then she changes her attitude from worrying and feeling sorry for the horse, to being happy and confident around the horse. Of course the horse is going to pick up on that whether you "communicated" with it or not. You know?

Byrd
December 31st, 2005, 12:31 AM
Well, despite what ya'll may think, I may not believe in her, but I believe in me and what I have seen, heard, and felt... and I believe that communicating psychically with animals does happen.

And before my opposing thoughts and opinions start world war three, I will back out of this conversation. Anyone having any questions about the ability can feel free to PM me.

Prin
December 31st, 2005, 12:32 AM
In English?

Byrd
December 31st, 2005, 12:35 AM
LOL I am not posting in this thread anymore.... :p

But, yes, in English. Do they not understand what you say to them (besides just the basic commands)?

Prin
December 31st, 2005, 01:29 PM
Maybe, but they never answer me back in English.

mycat
December 31st, 2005, 10:24 PM
Thanks Byrd !

To see is to believe. Until I try and see it works (in 1 consultation, not many), I will not believe in it ... yet.

I strongly believe anaimals have sixth-sense (like long before volcano/earthquake occurs, pigs are uneasy, dogs barks, cows run, ....). The issue is whether human can catch animals' "thoughts" ?

And I agree with Byrd that, like in any profession, there is good pet psychic, and there is bad pet psychic. The same as you can see good/bad contractors, good/bad sellers, good/bad neighbors, ...

In the above questions, all of my make-up examples are physical symptoms (like belly pain, hard breath, eat bad food), a vet can detect them easily. I agree with Prin that vet, even pet owner, can find them.

But sometimes, if symptoms are behavioral (for example, the cat suddenly pees everywhere in the house, or the dog suddenly barks all the time, or the pet just stop eating, ...), you bring them to vets. Vets do all blood tests, X-rays, ... and cannot find out what's wrong, then what do you do next ?

I am an open-mind. What I think is if your pet has problem:
1) Bring him to vet
2) Hope that will solve the problem. If the vet cannot find out what's wrong, then go to a 2nd, differrent vet for 2nd opinion.
3) If the 2nd vet still cannot solve the problem, then give the pet psychic a shot.

The worst thing is you lose $40 (which is about 1 vet office visit cost), right ?

To me, pet healthiness is foremost. Even if the try has only 1% of success, I still think it's worthy to try. You are in desperate situation, have nothing to lose anyway (except 40, which I think not too bad).

The reason I somewhat believe (in pet psychic) is because the WallStreet Journal, Washington Post, ... are not small town newspapers. The same as with Dave Letterman, John Leno shows. If they featured her, probably there MAYBE some truth about her capability. It's hard to think she just lucky all the times.

joeysmama
January 1st, 2006, 08:57 AM
The worst thing is you lose $40 (which is about 1 vet office visit cost), right ?

I don't agree. The worst thing is that you are wasting time and money, both of which could be spent on more reliable methods of helping your pet !! When Joey had his eye problems we were seeing a vet with a very good reputation. He had another vet in his office as well and we saw her too. They didn't help. But it was being willing to go elsewhere until we had an answer and a resolution that saved his sight. Vets are not infallible and you sometimes have to keep looking until you find the one that has a handle on your particular problem.

The reason I somewhat believe (in pet psychic) is because the WallStreet Journal, Washington Post, ... are not small town newspapers. The same as with Dave Letterman, John Leno shows. If they featured her, probably there MAYBE some truth about her capability. It's hard to think she just lucky all the times.

Well ALL newspapers need fillers and all of them run human interest stories. And Leno and Letterman are strictly entertainment and don't pretend to be anything else. Very often these types of guests are featured with a very "tongue in cheek" attitude. Certainly not presented as though they are hard evidence of any type of phenomenon. I don't think she's lucky all the time. I think she has enough experience to make an educated guess some of the time. I'm certain that she is wrong a lot of the time too and when that happens is she going to talk about it? And is the pet going to contradict her??