Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Introducing Cilantro & Tarragon

kittyhaven
November 18th, 2003, 10:44 AM
Omg they are absolutely beautiful!

FurryPerson
December 29th, 2005, 04:51 PM
I'm new to this group and would like to take this opportunity to introduce my two loves - :queen: Cilantro and :evil: Tarragon the two cats that own me.

Cilantro is my little Princess and Tarragon is well known for his terroristic behaviour. I enjoy telling stories about what they have been up to and I'm sure you will find some of their antics very entertaining.

FurryPerson
(Sure hope I'm doing this right.)

chico2
December 29th, 2005, 04:59 PM
From one furry person to another,Welcome to the Forum! a great place to be if you are an animallover:thumbs up
I was hoping to see some pics of your cats with the interesting names,but maybe later.
I have 3 cats equally ruling my household,but we love them to bits..:love:

FurryPerson
December 29th, 2005, 05:53 PM
I'm not sure if I did this right, but I've tried to attach pictures of Cilantro and Tarragon. Cilantro is a Blue Norwegian Forest Cat and Tarragon is a Smoke & White LaPerm.

My Boss gave me Cilantro when I lost my baby Parsley who I had for 18 years, he was a Grey & White Tabby Cat and his life partner Nutmeg, a Brown Tabby, and I were devastated when he passed away. Nutmeg passed away this June in his 21st year. My boss gave me Tarragon for Christmas last year so Cilantro would have someone closer to her age to play with.

FurryPerson

Bushfire2000
December 29th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Welcome!! What an awesome boss wish mine was as nice.

FurryPerson
December 29th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Thanks,

I think they're kinda cute, but I'm sure yours are just as adorable. I've never yet met an animal that wasn't. Where to I go to see pictures - I'm totally lost.:confused:

FurryPerson

cpietra16
December 29th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Hi Furryperson...I'd like to see your babies too....
Go down to Manage Attachment and download pictures. Its right under the reply section.;)

FurryPerson
December 29th, 2005, 07:41 PM
I tried that, Bushfire2000 saw them I think.:o I just don't know where the pictures went to. I'll try another one...this time it told me my file exceeded the limit.:eek: Can I email them to you?

FurryPerson

FurryPerson
December 29th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Wait a minute Bushfire2000 was talking about my boss at work not my bosses at home! :p

FurryPerson

cpietra16
December 29th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Just resize them in your program first and then reload...:)

FurryPerson
December 30th, 2005, 08:53 AM
This is my baby Cilantro. Everyone tell her how beautiful she is and now she believes she's a Princess.:queen:

FurryPerson

FurryPerson
December 30th, 2005, 08:56 AM
This is my little "Terrorist" Tarragon. Somehow he seems to believe his name is actually "Terror of Dawn" and he must live up to it. :evil:

FurryPerson

cpietra16
December 30th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Your babies are beautiful. I love their colouring.

chico2
December 30th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Wow,what little beauties,both of them:love:
Tarragon looks amazing,I've never seen such colourings...
Norwegian Forest cats are usually large,but Cilantro being a female,maybe is not:confused:
Cats are such beautiful little creations:love:
Here's my brood saying hi,just cat-cats,but to me no less beautiful..

FurryPerson
December 30th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Thanks, for the compliments - I'm not telling Cilantro and Tarragon they already have giant egos.:D

Cilantro is small for a wegie, she was the runt of the litter and only weighs 9 pounds, but she is very healthy and loving. I call her colouring urban camouflage - she blends right in with the cement when we go out for walks.

Tarragon looks like he is wearing a tuxedo. I got a little top hat for him, but he keeps burying it in the kitty litter box - I think he's trying to tell me he doesn't like it!:( I've been trying to get a picture of him in it, but have yet to succeed.

All animals are beautiful whether they are pedigreed or domestics. If my boss wouldn't have given me Cilantro & Tarragon :o I would have gotten two rescue cats from the Humane Society - that's where I got Nutmeg and Parsley from and they were awesome. I felt so guilty for not getting my new additions from there that I make a donation in Cilantro & Tarragon's name every year and do pro bono work for them.

FurryPerson

Lucky Rescue
December 30th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Your babies are beautiful. I love all the herb names!:)

I felt so guilty for not getting my new additions from there that I make a donation in Cilantro & Tarragon's name every year and do pro bono work for them.

:thumbs up

FurryPerson
December 30th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Thanks Lucky,

The herb names were a fluke. When I got my first cat his name was Tabby. A good friend of mine also had a cat named Tabby so I decided to change his name to CatNip. The next thing I knew everyone was calling him KL :confused: when I questioned why they said "Well isn't his name Kitty Litter":yuck: so, once again I changed his name. Since he was the same colour as Nutmeg and he was kind of on the nutty side that became his new name.

Two months later I got my next cat and decided I'd have theme named cats and called him Parsley. No, he wasn't green, but he did make all the other Parsley green with envy he was so cute.:p

When Parsley passed away :sick: I got my little wegie who I name Cilantro (Chinese Parsley) in honour of Parsley. I'm not really sure how I pick Tarragon, but it does suit his personality - he can be a real terror!:evil:

FurryPerson

Bushfire2000
December 30th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Furry person
Your kitties are wonderful!! I love Tarragons "Tux Look" He really seems to be "putting on the Ritz" I expect him to start dancing any second. And Cilantro looks so soft and petable (is that a word? If not it should be.)
This is my Buster saying Hi and looking scary. He's a sweetheart but I love this picture.

FurryPerson
January 3rd, 2006, 02:50 PM
Thanks Bushfire, Tarragon doesn't dance yet, but he does prance and with his long legs it does look like he's dancing!:party: You nailed Cilantro dead on she is soft and silky and loves to be petted:angel:

Buster looks like a real sweetheart pretending to be tough:love: Cilantro & Tarragon send purrs.:pawprint:

FurryPerson

Copper'sMom
January 3rd, 2006, 03:12 PM
Welcome!! Your kitties are gorgeous!!!!

I thought you were a Spice guru or Italian, until I read all the posts to see how you named your kitties!!:crazy:

FurryPerson
January 3rd, 2006, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the compliments to my babies.

My cats are named after herbs and I can't even cook - well nothing editable anyway - even the cats won't eat my cooking:yuck:

FurryPerson

Ford
January 4th, 2006, 03:02 PM
*bump due to posting error*