Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help me train my Kahlua!!!

Bucketz
December 28th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Here she is :love:
I need some help training my 8 week old pup!!
I need help on Crate Training, Biting and nibbling, Barking and crying while in the crate!! and Basic obedience!!! So basically I all the tips and help I can get to get her trained!!!
So if y'all can help me that be great!!!
Thanks!!:)

jessi76
December 28th, 2005, 11:57 AM
she's only 8 weeks old. she's a baby. biting, nipping, crying, barking... things all puppies do. The best idea would be to get enrolled in puppy school - after she's been vaccinated. Puppy school will teach you (hands on) how to deal with the puppy-antics, how to begin training (and continue at home on your own) and give her socialization.

as for crate training... she's 8 weeks old. she will not be crate trained immediately. The crate takes time to get used to. you should expect some whining, barking, and crying for a little while. Just remember to keep the crate a positive place - don't use it for punishment or scold her in there - it's her SAFE spot, her room, her den.

you can also search through the posts here for specific advice.

she's adorable by the way!

Bucketz
December 28th, 2005, 12:51 PM
she's only 8 weeks old. she's a baby. biting, nipping, crying, barking... things all puppies do. The best idea would be to get enrolled in puppy school - after she's been vaccinated. Puppy school will teach you (hands on) how to deal with the puppy-antics, how to begin training (and continue at home on your own) and give her socialization.

as for crate training... she's 8 weeks old. she will not be crate trained immediately. The crate takes time to get used to. you should expect some whining, barking, and crying for a little while. Just remember to keep the crate a positive place - don't use it for punishment or scold her in there - it's her SAFE spot, her room, her den.

you can also search through the posts here for specific advice.

she's adorable by the way!

Thank You very much jessi76!!!

Lucky Rescue
December 28th, 2005, 01:07 PM
OMG, that puppy is too adorable!!!

Just want to add that you must take her out many times a day to get her housetrained and avoid mistakes. Every time she eats (which should be 4 times a day) sleeps, drinks, plays - take her out and wait for her to go then praise.

First thing in the morning, pick her up and rush her out, and last thing before bedtime!:)

Keep her away from other dogs until she's had all her vaccinations.

Bucketz
December 28th, 2005, 01:50 PM
OMG, that puppy is too adorable!!!

Just want to add that you must take her out many times a day to get her housetrained and avoid mistakes. Every time she eats (which should be 4 times a day) sleeps, drinks, plays - take her out and wait for her to go then praise.

First thing in the morning, pick her up and rush her out, and last thing before bedtime!:)

Keep her away from other dogs until she's had all her vaccinations.

She had her first shots!! Is she good to play with other dogs?

Lucky Rescue
December 28th, 2005, 02:06 PM
I forgot to give you this link. It's excellent advice about all things puppy!

http://www.wonderpuppy.net/canwehelp/puppy.htm

To socialize her, I highly recommend puppy kindergarten!

chico2
December 28th, 2005, 04:00 PM
I don't know all that much about puppy-training,but she is an absolute sweet-heart:love:

Prin
December 28th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Is she a baby dobie or a miniature pinscher? She's very pretty. And I agree about the puppy kindergarten. Everything you learn will be useful for every dog you will ever have.;)

babyrocky1
December 28th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Shes a pittie baby prin, the youngest member of the Pit Bull Co-op, were all dying to meet her! Shell be the last of her kind in Ontario til we get rid of Bryant and his pack of weasles or beat their as$es in court! Do weasles travel in packs? Only in Ontario I guess.:sad:

Prin
December 28th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Really? She's got dobie markings. Either way, very cute.:)

Lucky Rescue
December 28th, 2005, 09:06 PM
til we get rid of Bryant and his pack of weasles

Hey, watch it! That is very insulting..........to the weasels.:D

I happen to know a few weasels personally and they are much nicer than the people you are speaking about.;)

babyrocky1
December 29th, 2005, 01:18 PM
:sorry: I should have qualified that remark...two legged weasels. Just to clarify, no offence to four legged weasels intended....that would be quite an insult to them!:)