Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

St.Valentine's Fund Raiser!!

Lucky Rescue
December 28th, 2005, 12:41 PM
St. Valentine's Fund Raising Dinner!! "Have a Heart Supper and Sleigh Ride" will be held at the Cabane A Sucre Des Pins Vert at 751 St Emmmanuel in Saint Clet.

Date: February 14....

Time: 5:00p.m. - 9:00 p.m...

Price: 25$ for adults,and 20$ for kids under 12 years old.

Included are a delicious Old Fashioned roast beef dinner with soup, salad and desert AND a horse drawn sleigh ride! Beer and wine will be sold on the premises and a door prize given at the end of the dinner!! Wonderful fun for the whole family, and all proceeds will go to spay/neuter and give medical care to approximately 40 cats who have been dumped at the Cabane by their owners. Many of these cats are suffering greatly, so please "Have a Heart" - help the animals and have a wonderful evening in the process!! 100 tickets only will be sold, so please call Debbie to order yours - 450 - 424-0455!!

poodletalk
December 28th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Lucky, I would love to come, but I am wondering what are you serving for vegetarians?

Lucky Rescue
December 28th, 2005, 01:44 PM
As far as I know, this is the only meal being offered. We have to go with whatever gives us the best returns.

But I'll ask and see if there are any options available!:)

maddoxies
December 28th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Maybe a sleigh ride price if someone comes after dinner???

Lucky Rescue
December 28th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Since this is for charity, there are no options for the meal. We're making very little from each plate as it is. But with the soup, salad, and vegetables that come with the meal, plus dessert, that might fill you up!:)

The whole evening is a package deal and cannot be altered, including the sleigh ride.

We're doing this to help all these poor cats, instead of just asking for donations, so I hope people can be flexible!

poodletalk
December 28th, 2005, 03:33 PM
I understand Lucky! When I first read your message, I thought your fundraiser was on the weekend. After consulting my calendar, I realized it's on a Tuesday! I don't think I will be able to go, I don't finish work till 6:30 :( :( :( :evil:

Lucky Rescue
January 9th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Oh, too bad! Saturday was impossible, since that is a very busy night at the sucerie.:(

Tickets are being sold at:

"Priscilla's Beautiful Things" at 57 Cameron in Hudson. Do some shopping at the same time. Priscilla's is chock-full of gorgeous and unusual items.:)
Their kind support is MUCH appreciated, as is the donation box kept on the premises.:)

"Jerrilin's Tack Shop" at 1457 St.Angelique in St.Lazare. Thank you Jerrilin for doing this, AND for adopting an "unadoptable" cat from us.:thumbs up

poodletalk
January 9th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Next fundraiser you have on the weekend, for sure my husband and I will be

be going. It will be a GREAT opportunity to show him AGAIN the beautiful

homes in Hudson and St.Lazarre that are for sale! :party:

Lucky Rescue
January 9th, 2006, 03:11 PM
It will be a GREAT opportunity to show him AGAIN the beautiful

homes in Hudson and St.Lazarre that are for sale!

Mine could be one of them in the not-so-distant future! I'll give you a good deal IF you agree to take a couple cats with it.;)

poodletalk
January 10th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Lucky, I hope your cats can run fast! My husky mix with border collie will be chasing and herding them all day long!

Seriously though, my cousin is teaching at a elementary school in Hudson. Alyson and her husband are looking to buy at house in St.Lazarre, if your house ever goes on the market, maybe they can take a look. By the way, Mike and Aly LOVE CATS!!!

BoxerRescueMTL
January 10th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Lucky, I'm moving in and you're leaving??? :( Where are ya goin'?

Lucky Rescue
January 10th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Lucky, I'm moving in and you're leaving???

Well, not until I get the energy to deal with angents and buyers and to pack up a 2500sq ft house and a feral cat!:p

In other words I might die of old age first!

Are you moving to Hudson?

BoxerRescueMTL
January 10th, 2006, 10:14 AM
LOL!!
Yup, just off Harwood, technically Vaudreuil, or Hudson Acres is what they call it..we'll be moving in Febuary.
So you'll still be around when we get there!

Lucky Rescue
January 10th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Oh Hudson Acres is nice! You must be looking forward to living there.:)

We're always looking for foster homes for cats..not that I'm hinting or anything!:p

BoxerRescueMTL
January 10th, 2006, 11:02 AM
I'm so excited, we have a double lot of two acres! I'd like to foster a cat or two for you. But my cat has herpes :eek: Is there a way around this? They would be separated of course...this is major thread jacking - SORRY! I am PMing you!

Lucky Rescue
January 10th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Two acres.....wow!!!!!