chico2
December 28th, 2005, 07:16 AM
In my house,without a doubt,the cats rule....:evil:

chico2
December 28th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Rockys best pals...

glasslass
December 28th, 2005, 08:49 AM
They look like they're waiting for you to bring din-din! I like the hand-thrown pottery!

Prin
December 28th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Well, if you didn't want cats on the table, why would you put cat-sized rugs on there?:D

chico2
December 28th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Oh well,to tell you the truth they are allowed to go anywhere they want,as long as we are not eating or preparing food,they are kind of spoiled:rolleyes:

BeagleMum
December 28th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Anyone want cat butt for dinner?

amber416
December 29th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Cute pictures, cute kitties! I let my cats on the table, too, truth be told. I get a lot of "How could you let an (insert disgusted face) animal sit where you eat!" Whatever, It's not like i don't clean the table regularly, besides, they eat there too, actually (canned food in the morning anyway) and they still let me sit there :)

chico2
December 29th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Grover4,the placemats they are sitting on,were of course removed,because of cathair...but I could think of many other things dirtier than a cute little catbutt,usually shiny clean:D

.unknown.
December 29th, 2005, 05:48 PM
When people scoff at animal germs, I'm always reminded about how truely gross humans are!

I'd take a cat butt on my kitchen table over a Door handle or public washroom anyday!

BeagleMum
December 29th, 2005, 06:38 PM
I was just joking, really. My cats used to sit on the corner of my kitchen table as well to watch the fish in the tank. It is just funny. Looks like cat is being served. They are sitting perfectly on the placemats.

momto2
January 30th, 2006, 07:07 AM
My cats are always on the table. It's the norm around here! I love when my husband is trying to read the paper, our cats love to lay down on it and chew on it. I think we get the paper just for them now! haha:pawprint:

Lissa
January 30th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Out of curiosity - do you guys get embarassed when you have company over for dinner and the cats get up on the table while you are eating (or are they trained not to when you have company!?)?? I only ask because one of my friend's allow their cats to do anything they want but when they have company over they get angry when the cats walk onto a table while we are eating and try to discipline them. IMO, it seems unfair to expect a cat to generalize - the poor kities get so confused and actually, with their last cats, it made them "mean" because they were treated differently [poorly] when company was over. When I have tried to share my opinion they accuse me of being a dog person and not understanding cats:rolleyes:...

Minnow isn't allowed on tables or counters but if I lived on my own, I am sure she would have a lot more freedom:p !

Sunkist/Winnie
January 30th, 2006, 09:41 AM
My cats are free to go on whatever tables they want - as long as there is no food on them.

They seem to understand this distinction. They know if we're preparing food on the counters that they can't jump up, or if we're eating at the dinner table that they can't come on.

Now that doesn't mean that they never try and sneak up when we're making something that smells yummy, but one firm "no" and they either sneak their heads back under the table or jump off the counter.

AliSam
January 30th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Ali enjoyed the table too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/AliSam/Pets/Alicia2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/AliSam/Pets/Aliciacat2.jpg

catsnatcher-CDN
January 30th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Table? I found this one in my fruit bowl!

My cats are not allowed on the tables that we eat on...EVER! But they don't seem to care what I think.

cpietra16
January 30th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Table? I found this one in my fruit bowl!

My cats are not allowed on the tables that we eat on...EVER! But they don't seem to care what I think.
Catsnatcher...I beg to differ. I think that you are totally wrong in this case....Your cat is not "technically" on your table. I think they listen very well:D

chico2
January 30th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Like Sunkist/Winnie,my cats do not go on the table when we eat,or if the table is set,however if there is an empty chair,that's where you'll always find a drooling cat:D
Also when I first had Vinnie,I could leave nothing on the counter,he at one time dragged down an English cucumber to the basement,he also liked to steal potatoes,but then again he was found on the street,hungry and dirty..
Luckily he is more choosy now,about what he eats!!

Sunkist/Winnie
January 30th, 2006, 01:35 PM
The cats seem to leave what's on the counter alone - except banana bread. They won't touch bananas but something in the banada bread will have them tearing the plastic wrap off it!