Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bailey my walking companion..

chico2
December 27th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Treats please,pretty please:D

chico2
December 27th, 2005, 04:23 PM
I know I am a bit chunky..but cute,right??

chico2
December 27th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Boy,if I only was a bit taller,I know the treats are up there somewhere:D

chico2
December 27th, 2005, 04:28 PM
All those strange cat-smells....who'd want cats anyway:cool:
Bailey walks with me every day,we both need to drop a few lbs:D

LM1313
December 27th, 2005, 04:49 PM
So cute, so VERY cute!! :D

~LM~

Prin
December 27th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Cute, but I'll give him a kibble instead of a cookie.... Can't kill a doggy with kindness...;)

chico2
December 28th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Prin,I buy her "Mother Hubbards"couch-potatoe treats,no cookies for her:D
The owners(my neighbors) feed her IAMS for overweight dogs,which she does not like...so I don't know why she's chubby??Maybe the kids give her tablescraps:confused:
I would not feed any animal IAMS,but she is not my dog...

glasslass
December 28th, 2005, 09:14 AM
I've always had a soft spot for golden cockers! Blondie (I know! Totally unoriginal!) was my very best buddy when I was growing up. Although Bailey looks more like Rusty did. Wonderful dogs! I remember that they were not really active, preferring to nap in the sunshine. Maybe the walks with you will be good for him. Maybe? Oh heck! How could they not be good for him!

Lucky Rescue
December 28th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Awww, nice to see pics of your little buddy! Bailey is so cute and so lucky to have you!:)

Maybe in the spring when it's nice out, you can take her for longer walks and knock a few pounds off her.

As if I should talk - my dog looks like Jabba the Hut.:(

poodletalk
December 28th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Maybe it's just the fur that makes him look chubby. We had a cocker spaniel at the shelter for awhile, we all thought he was overweight until he got clipped. When he came back from the groomers, he was skinny minny!:)

chico2
December 28th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Thank's guys!! She is a girl,although Bailey is a boys name and she has the sweetest disposition,she is definetly over-weight though:pawprint:
I started dog-walking her in the summer and she has lost a few lbs..
I usually walk her for about 1 hour,then she can run off leash in my backyard for a while,cats watching in the window,not amused:crazy:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 28th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Bailey is so cute. Poor cockers all they have to do is just look at a stick of puppi peporoni and its two inches on those hips. Just curious how old is Bailey? Did I say she was cute.....

Prin
December 28th, 2005, 03:21 PM
She might just have a slower metabolism... I would never feed diet food. I think it is just a cheapy gimmick... I'd rather feed a bit less (and definitely not Iams!) and exercise more..

chico2
December 28th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Glasslass,I would say she is about 5 yrs old..
Prin,when I went to get her today,she had not touched her food,but I have to thread carefully..I don't want to lose the priviledge of taking her for a walk..otherwise I would tell the owner to get her better more nourishing food and I will one day..
She also has a great big bag of Eukanuba for overweight dogs:sad: I would not feed my cats any of those foods...

Frenchy
December 28th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Bailey is adorable,even if a little bit chubby.I'm having trouble with my dogs diet too.I have 2 goldens + a foster and they are on a diet (the 3 of them!) But with all the crapy weather we are getting,it's hard to walk them everyday.

chico2
December 28th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Frenchy,Bailey refuses to go for a walk in the rain,she sits down and pulls me towards home,snow on the other hand she loves,sticks her nose in it,like a little bulldozer:D
Right now it's pouring rain:evil:

Prin
December 28th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Definitely wait till the Euk bag gets a little lower or they might not be in a listening mood... You could always buy a small bag of a good food and give it to them as a gift for letting you walk their doggy... You could say that you wanted to get them something and a girlie on the doggy website told you that this particular food was it (i.e. blame me!:) ). Most people don't know that Euk, purina and all them aren't the best. The good ones don't advertise, so a lot of people just don't know they're out there.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 28th, 2005, 09:13 PM
ChicoFrenchy,Bailey refuses to go for a walk in the rain,she sits down and pulls me towards home,snow on the other hand she loves,sticks her nose in it,like a little bulldozer
Right now it's pouring rain

thats Joey too, I'll take him out in the rain, and he keeps looking back at the house, if I let him he turns around and heads straight back home. He doesnt like sitting when the ground is wet either. :D

chico2
December 29th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Joeysmom,that's funny,maybe it's a"Cocker thing"...Bailey does exactly the same thing:D

gdamadg
December 29th, 2005, 06:04 PM
maybe it's a"Cocker thing"

LOL, nah. Sprint does it too, (Boxer/Am Staff). Maybe it's just a "big sissy dog thing"?

Frenchy
December 29th, 2005, 08:54 PM
I had a cocker when I was a kid,we were always 3 to give him a bath just to join the fun,me,my mom and sister.after his bath,we would rub him with towels and stop to say "is Puppy cold?" and he would shake!

chico2
December 30th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Yesterday it was miserable and raining,usually Bailey comes running,stumpy tail wagging,actually her whole backside:D when I opened the door..one peek outside and she goes back to her crate.
I lured her out with a treat,but she sat still,would not move...just wanted more treats..
Subsequently I could not make her pee or poop and ended up putting her back in her house...then I worry the rest of the day,because she does not do her stuff inside,but as long as it is raining she does not go out..:sad:

cpietra16
December 30th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Chico2 your Bailey is soooo cute and when I saw your Bailey's eyes in the second picture; reminded me of this actor...:D

cpietra16
December 30th, 2005, 08:43 AM
I know I am a bit chunky..but cute,right??
way too cute, but can't get the picture in for a side by side

chico2
December 30th, 2005, 08:53 AM
CPietra,Yeah,I see what you mean:D although Bailey is not mine,belongs to my neighbor,I just take her for walks every day:pawprint:

shannonRN
December 30th, 2005, 12:46 PM
LOL, I see the resemblance there. Bailey also reminds me of a little muppet, like fozzy the bear or something...