- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

December 27th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this on-line forum type of communication. I wish I had been brave enough to try this a long time ago. New friends are always great. First off, hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and I wish you a happy and safe New Year. I look forward to being a part of this forum in the years to come. I have a 16 1/2 yr. old Cat - Diamond. I have loved her from the very moment that she was brought to me. I am recently married of about 2 1/2 yrs ago. My husband has been gone for over a year. He is in Iraq, soon to be home. I can't wait. Diamond has been my shoulder and my best friend. When my husband returns we would like to get a labrador puppy. We live on two acres so there is plenty of room for one. Diamond will, of course, remain indoors and rule the roost:)

December 27th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forum.
I was reading your other post and sorry to hear your kitty is sick,hopefully there is a chance she'll get better:fingerscr
I often think about the US soldiers in Iraq and I could not imagine having my husband in such a dangerous place for more than a year.
I wish they could all come home,where they belong.
So,welcome to the best animal-lovers Forum and I wish for a safe return for your husband!

December 27th, 2005, 06:53 PM
California,lucky you.I could use some sun right now!I am too,very sorry that your husband is over in Iraq.Good thing you have Diamond to keep you company.

December 27th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Thank you for the kind posts. I will enjoy this forum I think. Take care.

December 28th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Welcome! I too live in N. California, but no sunshine lately! That song "It Never Rains in Sunny California" is simply not true! It's raining right now. I went through the long wait too when my hubby was in Vietnam. I know it's not easy.