Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat wheezing

kselver
October 13th, 2001, 01:46 AM
My two year old cat wheezes and snores when he sleeps or is very relaxed is this normal? Also what is the average weight for a two year old tabbi?

thedoog
October 29th, 2001, 08:09 AM
This really doesn't sound normal...especially if it sounds like your kitten is straining to breath in any way.

the doog

Maria
November 10th, 2001, 02:01 PM
my cat did that too.....upper respiartory infection was what i was told

Veeliscious
January 5th, 2008, 10:23 AM
I found this discussion as I've just taken my 3 year old cat to the vet for wheezing and snoring - but only when relaxed, he's been doing it a while now. Vet said she couldn't find anything wrong - no temperature or blockage or anything and suggested the epiglottis/throat may be slightly irritated by something in his environment (eg smoking) making it swell and the hole slightly smaller. She gave him an anti-inflammatory injection and antibiotic, just in case.

Winston
January 5th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Mine actually snore and if the house is dry their little noses sometimes whistle...

Cindy

krdahmer
January 5th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I have two heavy breathers/ snorers... they are both a bit overweight and one had a severe URI when younger and suffered some long term effects. He even breaths with his mouth slightly open when sleeping or relaxed. And they both are strong healthy cats.