Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help, my boxer has bumps

littleton23
October 7th, 2003, 09:19 PM
I have a boxer who is two years old. About 15 minutes ago he broke out with bumps all over his body. They look like bug bites but there are about 20-30 of them. What could they be?????

QuinnsMom
October 8th, 2003, 07:20 PM
TAKE HIM TO THE VET!!!!! If is is an allergic reaction that reaches his thoat - he could die from it!!!!

Sound like an allergic reaction to somthing - he need to be seen by a professional!!!

Andy Hollis
February 27th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Hi

My boxer had these symptoms a few months ago, they looked like huge goose bumps (like bumps humans get when we get cold). It turned out to be an allergic reaction. We took him to the vets straight away and he was given an injection (I think it was anti-histamean) this helped solve the problem but it came back again a couple of days later.

It turned out to be the blanket we had bought him. Frightened the life out of us! after replacing the blanket he hasn't suffered with it again, couldn't believe it was that simple. I'm not saying that this may be the case with your dog. please take him to the vets

Good luck

Carina
February 27th, 2004, 08:10 AM
If it's really sudden, I'd bet it's an allergic reaction to something like the others said. Over the counter antihistamines are fine to give a dog (check w/your vet first) but if they persist, he really needs to be seen by your vet.
Could also be staph or some other bacterial infection, these can flare up pretty quickly.