Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What's your plan for the Holidays?

StaceyB
December 23rd, 2005, 08:56 AM
What do you have planned for the Christmas Holidays, going anywhere, doing anything?

BeagleMum
December 23rd, 2005, 09:24 AM
Staying local but will be very busy.

Dec 24th: BF Parents house for dinner (oner an hour away from our place)
Dec 25th: Between my family and BF's family in the same town (40 minutes away)
Dec 26th: My Dad's house for the afternoon and dinner
Dec 27th: BF other side of the family

We are going to be pretty busy. It will all be over before I know it. I guess I should get my shopping done and start my wrapping.

Bushfire2000
December 23rd, 2005, 11:33 AM
December 23: I have to deliver the :yuck: pigs feet I cooked yesterday
And drive to the city (1hour) to help my mom put up tables, etc.

December 24: travel back to the city for Christmas eve celebration:party: , must find Mass as well.:angel:

December 25: Stay home do chores(feed cows etc.) open some presents and play a game or two with the kids.

December 26: travel(1 hour or so) to St Peters Abbey, for family day to visit husbands brother the Brother, as well as the rest of his family who will also be visiting.:party: :party:

December 27: Hopefully stay home:

December 28: Work Christmas party in the evening.:party:

angie79
December 23rd, 2005, 11:36 AM
looks like everyone scheduals a 2 pm nervous break down!!!!!!
:grouphug:

Happy holidays to all!!!!

Schwinn
December 23rd, 2005, 11:51 AM
December 24--sleep in, parents come to visit to exchange gifts

December 25--get up early with Gracie (probably after being sent back to bed by Cheryl--several times) to show her what Santa brought. Brother and sister-in-law show up late evening

December 26--sleep in, Cheryl's family shows up for Christmas dinner, we have some sort of church thing for Gracie which is like a confirmation but called something else (you might guess, this is for Cheryl's side)

December 27--go to work because I work for a US company, and I don't get boxing day :mad:

Cheryl's parents have been here since the weekend, when we got back from a two week vacation in Florida. They leave Tuesday. And this is the first year I won't be putting a bazillion miles on the road driving to everyone's FREAKIN' house to make sure they are all happy that I am there on Christmas day. (I've decided that, from now on, I want Gracie to wake up in her own bed Christmas morning. I'm tired of doing more travelling than Santa on Christmas!)

StaceyB
December 23rd, 2005, 12:15 PM
My husband is starting to feel the same way.

SnowDancer
December 23rd, 2005, 12:18 PM
Stacey, My husband is going to Ottawa Sat. a.m. by train to visit his Mommy and family - they also live in Nepean - not to far from Merivale Mall. He might want you to "board" him in one of your kennels. I will be staying at home with Eskie.

StaceyB
December 23rd, 2005, 12:20 PM
lol, sorry I won't be home, heading to Perth tomorrow.

SnowDancer
December 23rd, 2005, 12:28 PM
Too bad - I expect he would be looking for a place to stay at about 2:00 p.m. - he arrives at 1:30 - and not leaving until 4:30 on Monday. And you are close!

StaceyB
December 23rd, 2005, 12:33 PM
Yup, off Merivale between Hunt Club and Slack Road.

Rick C
December 23rd, 2005, 01:09 PM
My brother overnighted with us and I dropped him off at the airport for his flight to San Francisco where he'll be spending Christmas.

My wife's nephew is overnighting Christmas Eve and I'll be dropping him off at the airport on Christmas Day for his flight to a remote island off Papua, New Guinea where he'll be a rig pig on an offshore drilling platform.

Later on Christmas Day, my wife's brother and wife will be showing up as well as one of our local friends for Christmas Dinner.

A few days down the road, we'll drive north to the Pine Lake area where my father is buried in a rural cemetary overlooking the lake and we'll leave some flowers for him.

Might go skiing at Lake Louise one day.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Shamrock
December 23rd, 2005, 04:15 PM
Lots of busy schedules for everyone!:)
Christmas Eve, my sisters and I always visit my Mom in her nursing home, bring our gifts and some special treats for an afternoon visit with her and the other residents.

Midnight Mass later on, I've a beautiful old cathedral selected.

I always do a early morning Christmas walk with my dog, later a visit to the cemetery, and then on to our daughter's home for the family dinner with all the kids and grand-kids.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Mrs Bungle
December 23rd, 2005, 04:32 PM
I am off to europe tommorow for three weeks!! Thank god, i need a break..

Scruff is staying with friends.. Im gonna miss him, im hopeing he will be fine whle were gone...

Have an awsome holidays people!

papillonmama
December 23rd, 2005, 04:44 PM
For once in my life, I'm doing almost not going to have to run around like a crazy lady, but leaving everything to last minute, I might end up doing that anyway....
Saturday, I will be doing laundry, and cleaning my house, yay.
Sunday, we will drop by my mum's in the morning for gifts and an early Christmas meal, my mum likes to have "dinner" finished by 1 or 2. Then we usually do my birthday celebration, simple, cake, and I get to open my gifts, should be fun.
I really can't wait to see the twins open their gifts, last year they were too little, but they went to an office party this year and met Santa, now that's all they talk about, so it should be a LOT of fun.:D
Then on boxing day, I sometimes, shop.:evil:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 23rd, 2005, 07:46 PM
Dec 24th work, open one gift with the kids before bed. (Although we may not do this as they just couldnt help themselves and opened some gifts already then tried to hide them, but they got busted and are now grounded from the computer and tv for a whole day)

Dec 25th open presents. Have xmas breakfast. Spend all day trying to cook the turkey like my mom does. Buy the gravey and the pie as it will probably taste better then if I make it myself. :D

Dec 26th maybe go to work, although I was planning to take the day off. I just found out they are making people go in as they are afraid no one will show up, and our paycheck will be withheld until we explain why we didnt go in that day, so if I dont go in I may or may not get in trouble. Bah humbug.

Dec 31st, Probably stay home as I dont have a baby sitter and hubbies working, all my friends spend it with their hubbies so I am pretty much on my own. Unless something comes up last minute. Hubbies off at 10 though so it wont be too bad.

If anyones not doing anything they can join me at midnight 9pm pacific time for a glass of wine/beer/milk for a midnight cheer. :D

Prin
December 24th, 2005, 01:40 AM
(I've decided that, from now on, I want Gracie to wake up in her own bed Christmas morning. I'm tired of doing more travelling than Santa on Christmas!)I was thinking, "that had to be rough last year, carting a newborn around..." But then I thought I was nuts because I wasn't here last year at Christmas and Gracie was born after I got here....:confused: But it's a good rule.:)

My week:
24th: go to my dad's in the evening for "polish traditional dinner"- 12 plates of different FISH! (I hate fish, so I'll be having the salad, if there is one.) My step siblings are already there with their dog, and my dad's dog, but my doggies will be home alone. Then we open gifts, or rather the step sibs open gifts and we watch.
25th: we usually have a turkey dinner in the late afternoon with the extended family on my dad's side, but this year, most of them have moved away and the ones that have stayed are not talking to my dad, so we're not having it. I wanted to have a Christmas day with just my babies and relaxing, but then the bf's cousin is having an 8 o'clock brunch (that's not brunch!!), but I don't know if I'll go and I'm hoping he won't go because we planned our day first, a long time ago.
26th: I'll read the paper and see if there are any stores worth going to, and if not, there are usually some classic Christmas specials on tv. We usually have Christmas dinner at the bf's grandmother's but she's having it for new year's.
30th: The dad's birthday. We head over for perogies. Does anybody want mine? :yuck:
31st: I have never celebrated new year's other than with my old German Omi, eating sausages and cold cuts from 6 till 12. I miss that. I could do it myself, but my brother is vegan, so it wouldn't be so fun...
1st: Another 8 AM brunch at bf's aunt and then Bf's grandmother's party for dinner.
2nd: Sleep
3rd: I think I start school again.

That's it in a nutshell.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 24th, 2005, 07:05 AM
My step siblings are already there with their dog, and my dad's dog, but my doggies will be home alone. :( How come Boo and Jemma can't come.

I agree with you about the fish :yuck: but I love perogies yummmm.

joeysmama
December 24th, 2005, 08:07 AM
December 24th

I'm making dinner and taking it to my mother in the hospital. It's a 2 and a half hour drive. She has emphysema and was short of breath but thought she could get through Christmas before seeing her doctor. Cooper is too little to be alone that long so we're taking him with us and taking turns being at my mother's house with him. We'll bring ham and potato salad and cookies and cake and candy to the hospital. We're going to open presents with her too. I just hope one of my brothers goes tomorrow. Hoping to be home by 11:00 for the candlelight service at church.

December 25th

I'm cooking dinner here and my daughter's boyfriend is coming over. If we have eaten early enough and everyone else feels like it we'll go over to my cousin's and exchange gifts and have some holiday cheer.

Please tell me what you all do on Boxing Day. We don't celebrate it here and most Americans don't know much about it. But I'm all for adding another fun holiday. :) Think I can get it to catch on?

Prin
December 24th, 2005, 02:33 PM
:( How come Boo and Jemma can't come.
I agree with you about the fish :yuck: but I love perogies yummmm.
My step mother doesn't like the fur. So they're not allowed. So they have to spend Christmas alone. Which makes me really sad, so this year, we're staying home on Christmas day. (I hope)

Joeysmama, boxing day, the stores open around 1PM and they offer the best deals of the year. Some are real. People line up for hours to get in and they're let in a bunch at a time because there are just too many people. I used to work at a record store and at 7AM, the line was already around the corner (and it was freezing outside). All the cds that were $16 and up went to $14, and all the ones under went to $10. Appliance stores also have great deals on Boxing day. Our fridge was $699 regularly and became $629 on boxing day. But you have to really want to buy. You don't go into the madness to browse.:)