Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

looking for warm winter coat for pitbull

technodoll
December 23rd, 2005, 12:27 AM
I can't seem to find any petstores in Montreal that offer a good selection of warm winter coats for a medium-sized dog: everything is either tiny or outrageously expensive! I have tried online but still no success... can anyone please recommend some good places to try? :)

Georgiapeaches
December 23rd, 2005, 12:41 AM
There are a few places. I have bought coats from Old Navy, Wal Mart, Super Pet, etc. Neopaws has some good waterproof neoprene coats.
http://www.neopaws.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/44

Here is Georgia in her Old Navy coat, which was super cheap:
Sorry it's her upper half
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/JpGeo/PC090029.jpg

StaceyB
December 23rd, 2005, 12:41 AM
www.chillydogs.ca

Prin
December 23rd, 2005, 12:59 AM
Georgiapeaches, did you get an award for that coat? Definitely nicer than that crap they show on the commercials.;)

BMDLuver
December 23rd, 2005, 07:42 AM
I had no idea that Old Navy had animal attire!

Technodoll, have you tried Urban Pet? The owner has a pit himself so quite often has a decent selection of things for the well built dog. Not sure how pricey they are though.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 23rd, 2005, 08:04 AM
I got Joeys winter coat at Walmart (sorry its a xmas present so I cant post it yet) It cost 16.00 cad. Its brown pseudo suede with fleece lining in it and the trim is fleece. I will post a pic after xmas day. Joey took a medium. They measure from the withers to the rump. I believe 14 to 17 inches is a medium and longer would be a large I think.

StaceyB
December 23rd, 2005, 09:32 AM
Chilly dogs specializes in coats for "odd" shaped, deep chested dogs. Dogs that are hard to find coats for.

BeagleMum
December 23rd, 2005, 10:36 AM
YUP, I am going to invest in 2 chilly dog coats once my babies are done growing. Next year I guess. This year they got sweaters.

technodoll
December 23rd, 2005, 11:25 AM
WOW! THANK YOU EVERYONE!! i will check all the places & links posted this weekend, so exciting to finally have options, LOL! it's for my friend's dog but it will be a gift, a belated xmas i guess... better late than never!

thanks again and I will let you know what i find!
:D