Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog problem: growling and peeing

bud
December 22nd, 2005, 08:34 PM
I have a year old dog and he has a problem. He has urinated on someone and has a growl for certain people when they want to pet him. Now for the growling he does way his tail during this, but it does bring this to my attention. As for the urinating I'd like to stop this now. He also has a growl for when he eats. It's like someone is taking to take his food away. He is not fixed. I'd like to know why and if someone knows how to stop this.

joeysmama
December 22nd, 2005, 08:49 PM
Bud, I am just learning all of these things myself but the other members are so helpful when it comes to animal behavior. I'm sure someone will be along who can give you advice on how to handle these issues. In the meantime I'm wondering why he hasn't been neutered.

We just visited the vet yesterday for vaccinations and have been pricing the cost of neutering as our pup is now 4 months old and we are going to have it done in the next few weeks. The cost ranges from $100 to $200 in this area and one vet told us that there is an organization called Friends of Animals that will do it for 50 dollars.

I know NOTHING about that organization and I am not recommending them. I only mention it to show that there are some good options for having this done at a reasonable cost.

LavenderRott
December 22nd, 2005, 11:29 PM
Just a couple of questions for you.

What kind of dog is he?

How long have you had him?

Where did you get him?

Has he had any formal training?

Are there other dogs or children in the home?