Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Gretchen1996

Gretchen1996
December 22nd, 2005, 03:31 PM
:love: :pawprint: Hello All!! I hope everyone's having a wonderful holiday season.

A little about myself: I am 43 year old care giver to a disabled adult child.
I am owned by one cat Gretchen who I adopted in 1996 from certain death from an animal shelter.

I had tried visiting a no-kill cat shelter but, the only cats available were either not weaned yet or were convalescing from illnesses or abuse.

I desired an adopted cat and when I saw this tiny tortoiseshell kitten sitting behind her brothers and sisters as pretty as a picture, I just had to adopt her. We've been inseparable since.

She is now nearly 10 years old, though her actual birthday is not known; she was found in a litter of orphaned kitties near a dumpster behind a business. No one knew how the litter got there or where the momma was.

She was foster-fed by a momma kitty at the animal shelter until she was weaned at 8 weeks old (about).

The history of Gretchen may never have been if I hadn't paid a visit that day. She was sort of runty and I was told they had already been there near the date of, well, you know..........

So........Gretchen loves to warm my lap when I am sad and enjoys licking my hand when she thinks I am going to give her a treat.:love: :pawprint:

Frenchy
December 22nd, 2005, 07:40 PM
Hello and welcome to this board.Tons of kind people here.You did a good thing saving this kitty's life.That's why she loves you so much.Talk to you later and have a merry christmas.

Bushfire2000
December 22nd, 2005, 10:44 PM
Welcome and have a Merry Christmas! Do you have any pictures?

Gretchen1996
December 23rd, 2005, 12:11 PM
:sorry::pawprint: No, sadly, Gretchen is camera shy. I have to see if I can take her picture when she's not looking.:pawprint:

Gretchen1996
December 23rd, 2005, 12:16 PM
Hello and welcome to this board.Tons of kind people here.You did a good thing saving this kitty's life.That's why she loves you so much.Talk to you later and have a merry christmas.

:):pawprint: Thanks so much for saying so!! I love my Gretchen and would do anything to keep her safe and healthy. That's why I opted to adopt a kitty because I love kitties and want to save them all but, sadly my landlord won't allow me to adopt or have more than one :(:pawprint: