Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Breakout Woes

CyberKitten
December 22nd, 2005, 08:56 AM
This is a minor issue but it is driving me nuts and to distraction, maybe no more nuts than normal but arrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh!! I try playing Breakout and rhe mouse simply freezes up. I tried differnt computeres, added another mouse - thinking my mouse was old and something was wrong with it but nothing helps. I will be playing and everything is going along fine - and even the times I miss the balls on my own, I don't care but the mouse just freezes. It sticks, won't move and I can't get anywhere. I love tbhis game but this one may land me in the looney bin, :crazy: Anyway, am I the only one with this pron or whatam I doing wrong?????

Thanks!!!!!

Prin
December 22nd, 2005, 11:33 AM
You have to watch the pointer. If the pointer comes out the side or the top or bottom and you can see it, you aren't in the game anymore and you won't be able to move. You have to keep the pointer behind the little game screen.

StaceyB
December 22nd, 2005, 11:37 AM
When I start the game I right click and then left click so I am left with a visable pointer on my game board. I can keep track of it so I don't go out of the screen.

Prin
December 22nd, 2005, 11:52 PM
Right click and left click, eh? Hmm... I'll have to try that and then beat your score even harder.:D DANG! You already beat me! Man, your eyes must have been dead after that!

Prin
December 22nd, 2005, 11:54 PM
Hey, so far this thread is only trophy holders. Weeeee are the champions, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee are the champions!:D

StaceyB
December 22nd, 2005, 11:54 PM
My eyes are still fuzzy, going to bed now to sleep it off. Now I don't want to wake up tomorrow to see that I have a new score to beat.

Prin
December 22nd, 2005, 11:56 PM
1000000000! Wooo! :D :evil:

StaceyB
December 22nd, 2005, 11:56 PM
I didn't know where I should post it. I noticed on the penis thread these little gold trophies by our name. I thought that I just don't pay attention.

Prin
December 22nd, 2005, 11:57 PM
Yeah, apparently, if you read penis without chuckling, you get an instant trophy.:)

StaceyB
December 22nd, 2005, 11:58 PM
I shouldn't have one then, who else has them.

Prin
December 23rd, 2005, 12:00 AM
I think Chocolatecoffee has one... Marko had his Chopper trophy so brutally and unavoidably taken away. He hasn't been able to rewin it. Is rewin a word? I guess if you lose once, you can never really be a winner...:D

(BTW, I am so getting banned any minute now...:eek: )

StaceyB
December 23rd, 2005, 12:20 AM
Will the nice new trophy be snatched away w/o notice. Ahh, that wouldn't be very nice.

Prin
December 23rd, 2005, 12:21 AM
LOL What new trophy? Yours? Mine's got a ways to go. Nobody, not even me, can beat my miniclip snake score. Maa trophay is heee to stay!

StaceyB
December 23rd, 2005, 12:25 AM
Well I thought that beating the highest score of 13000 to my score of 25000 would at least stay for more than a day. Now it is 40 something I wonder how long that will stay, huh.

Prin
December 23rd, 2005, 12:28 AM
I'm still trying to beat Schwinn at joust too. They posted the instructions on there, so now I know how... I just can't get there...

And I only got 4 hours of sleep this morning before my exam, so my eyes are already dead. I won't risk losing my eyesight completely tonight, so you're safe for now.

Besides, why should we be competing against people we know when there are people we don't know at the top of some scoreboards? Somebody has to learn to play "mars rover". The Yeti one is just nasty and I won't even bother, but c'mon now! I detroned him once- it's somebody else's turn! :crazy:

StaceyB
December 23rd, 2005, 12:30 AM
That Yeti one disgusts me, yuk.

Prin
December 23rd, 2005, 01:54 AM
Uh oh. Your trophy is gone already, Stacey... he he :o

And on a totally unrelated topic, my eyes are KILLING! :)

StaceyB
December 23rd, 2005, 08:36 AM
See I told you, I get up in the morning and poof, again it is gone, how rude. :sad: ;) What score do I have to beat now. It will have to wait until I am home, I can't get the high scores on my lap top.

CyberKitten
December 23rd, 2005, 11:14 AM
I am fighting a migraine so maybe I amnot at my best but what do you mwan by "behind the little game screen". What little game screen? You mean the screen period? I have never seen it there. My mouse sticks in the middle, not just on the side. Usually, Breakout is an easy game or its varatiations, you know DX et al, but this one does not work like any of those. I mean - I don't mind when I loose when I miss the balls myself but when the mouse just sticks, well it seems like the fix is in or something, lol

StaceyB
December 23rd, 2005, 10:28 PM
Ok, You have the black game board. If your mouse pointer goes out of that space it will make you lose control of your paddle(or whatever you would call it).

Prin
December 24th, 2005, 02:04 AM
What? You took your championship back and you didn't even stop by here to brag?!:D