Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

He got too big--needs to be re-homed !

joeysmama
December 22nd, 2005, 08:29 AM
My daughter and I were reading the thread with stupid reasons people use to get rid of pets. So we wrote this ad.

"He was under 7 pounds when we brought him home and no one told me he would get this big. I used to be able to tuck him under my arm and take him everywhere and people would tell me how adorable he was. Now he's too big to carry and is way furrier than we ever thought he'd be. He's a boy and we've since acquired a girl. They share a crate to go potty and the girl doesn't like the little pieces of his furriness that he leaves in the crate sink in the morning. (She's smaller and cleaner so we're going to keep her.)

Also, we were led to believe that this breed would be content in the house, but instead it's more intelligent than we originally thought. It was not verbal at all in the beginning but has begun problem solving and wandering from home. This is getting expensive. He has also done damage to one of our cars. And he chases other animals. Only the females. But their owners want us to keep a watchful eye on him. Neutering is out of the question and we'd like someone to take him off our hands before he's responsible for a litter somewhere.

Anyway, when we first got him he was cute and didn't have the offensive odors he gets now. He refuses to allow us to bathe him. I can't carry him under my arm anymore and he's costing us money. The girl looks better with my furniture so I'm afraid I have to give this one back.

(If you can find him new owners they should be aware of the tuition payments.)

Ok, it's a little lame--but I would no more think of giving up my furry boy than I would my grown son. Even though my son is 23 and ready to fly !:)

Bushfire2000
December 22nd, 2005, 10:22 AM
I love it. My sons have reached that stinky age and I wouldn't trade them for a million.

Schwinn
December 22nd, 2005, 10:37 AM
Mommy?????

joeysmama
December 22nd, 2005, 11:26 AM
LOL Schwinn !

Prin
December 22nd, 2005, 11:38 AM
I love it! Shame on him for leaving his pieces of furry in the sink! Shaaaaame!

shannonRN
December 22nd, 2005, 01:24 PM
Okay, I only figured out at the end what you were getting at. I was wondering where you buy crates with sinks in them and why neutering is out of the question. A little slow today...