Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dogs under blankets?

raingirl
December 22nd, 2005, 06:54 AM
Anyone's dog like to go under blankets.

I just discovered that Odin likes this. He sleeps outside our bedroom on his doggy bed and always "nested" with all his blankies around him. One night I covered him up and he stayed like that all cozy! I always feel bad when i wake up in the AM and see him all curled in a ball sleeping, and his ears are always cold (the heat SUCKS in our apartment, it's literally blowing cold air right now, so we have a small plug in heater going when we are home).

So this morning he was sitting all sleepy like on a blanket, so I put it a little over him, he immediately laid down and got all cozy, so I tucked him in. Now he's sleeping like a baby all wrapped up.

Prin
December 22nd, 2005, 06:58 AM
My doggies hate it. Boo gets up right away and Jemma thrashes to get out. It's funny...:D

the gang
December 22nd, 2005, 08:44 AM
all my 4 min pins sleep under the covers too:crazy:

joeysmama
December 22nd, 2005, 09:14 AM
When I was in college I lived in a cute little carriage house that had the original heating system I think. You could actually see outside at some places in the living room. No insulation, and gaps in the wood. :eek:

I used to cover my cat in blankets when I went to my morning class and she wold stay there until I got home.

jawert1
December 22nd, 2005, 09:44 AM
Peaches and Simon have their beds on the floor next to mine and I have the same prob Raingirl, my heat is forced hot air with vents in the ceiling (great planning). I tuck Simon in every night on his bed with his fleece lined quilt and he stays like that all night, and sometimes covers himself entirely. Peaches on the other hand, won't have any of it and prefers to lay on the floor next to me in the event I make a sound (she's quite protective).

angie79
December 22nd, 2005, 09:47 AM
cooper is under the covers hiding from the big bad winter......
he doesn't realized its not going to go as fast as it came!!!!:eek:
but he would like the snow to stay:pawprint:

jessi76
December 22nd, 2005, 10:00 AM
Tucker is a blanket HOG! at night, he starts off in his crate (with an old queen size comforter in there).. then once we get settled, he comes up on the bed, stomps around between us and lays down in the middle - under the covers, and head on the pillow. Then he proceeds to kick one of us out of bed, steal the covers, takes the whole pillow (and even drools on it! :eek: )

we recently installed a huge woodstove in the livingroom... Tucker knocks the couch pillow off, puts them in front of the stove, and lays on them - directly in front of the stove.

we have forced hot air, and sometimes I wonder why the house feels cool... then I look and always see one of the cats plopped directly in front of the heat registers.... sucking up the warm.

Bushfire2000
December 22nd, 2005, 11:53 AM
All three little ones like to sleep with my son under the covers. It's not favoritism as much as practicality, he has the warmest room in the house. Last night I looked in the room and only found doggie heads on the pillow.
My son was sleeping at the bottom of the bed. I don't know if there was a mutine in the night :D or what!

Beaglemom
December 22nd, 2005, 11:58 AM
Misty loves to sleep under the covers. She will pull the covers down and go under them and then cover herself with them! It is actually quite cute to watch. I will make the bed and then a little while later there will be this hump at the foot of the bed. There is Misty! I've actually taken pictures. She even manages to get under the covers in her own wicker basket!

AliSam
December 22nd, 2005, 11:59 AM
Sam loves it. Every night he sneaks into bed with my hubby and curls up in a ball under the blankets. We kick him out when it is "night night" time though.

lm9012
December 22nd, 2005, 03:42 PM
Albert LOVES blankets,,and like many others said, will put his head on the pillow. He actually will never lay or sit on a floor. We have several throw blankets over the couches since there so light, and cleaning them is so expensive. He digs around the blankets looking for who knows what for like 2 minutes..circles the blanket like 5 times and finally plops! Must be a jack russell thing! The only place on the floor he'll lay on is on the small rug in the living room. Our living room is also very cold so we have a big heat lamp facing the couch when we're in there. He loves laying right next to it, curled up. Else he's snuggled under covers. He also loves peek-a-boo!! ;)

Shamrock
December 22nd, 2005, 03:45 PM
My dog loves sleeping under the covers too. Though he's so small, and has lots of room... he always curls up right next to me.... jabbing me in the ribs with his little chicken-bone legs. ;)
And one cat sleeps above my head on my pillow. These heat-seekers have me a feeling just a bit "hemmed in" at times. but its become our ritual now.

maddoxies
December 22nd, 2005, 04:31 PM
I have dachshund, burrowing is natural to them. Mine go so far down under the covers that I am considering oxygen tanks for them lol

SnowDancer
December 22nd, 2005, 05:56 PM
My mini Dachshunds would burrow so deep I used to check they were breathing. Two weeks ago my "want to be a Dachshund" - American Eskimo started sleeping under the covers as well. Although he does often wake up and come flying out surprised at himself.

.unknown.
December 27th, 2005, 07:24 PM
My suzie always starts on the outside of the blankets and then in the middle of the night weasels her way under them. She usually sticks her nose under the blanket and crawls in. Stretchin her body as long as she can against mine for optimal heat.

Or, if she is feelin extra cold she'll truck around under the blankets until she has them ALL stolen and has built herself a little cocoon. It's pretty annnoying to wake up to! hehe silly girl.

joeysmama
December 27th, 2005, 10:19 PM
I tried to post a picture of Cooper under his very own puppy sized afghan that he got for Christmas but it didn't work. Actually I had my son try to post it for me and he said the it's 4x's too big. He's going to fix it for me though.

My mother has made us all homemade crocheted afghans and I told her that the puppy likes to curl up on them. She made him three little doggie sized ones and on Christmas he fell asleep on top of one and we covered him with another.

At night he gets to spend anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour in bed with me before he goes into his crate. He's kind of restless, moving from spot to spot and snoozing for a few minutes in each. But if I pick him up and hold him in my arms with the covers over him he sleeps like a baby. (I hate to crate him but I think he's safer in his crate since he may wake up and try to jump off the bed onto the hardwood. He's still too little to leave him unsupervised I think.)

joeysmama
December 27th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Ok, my son just minimized and cropped the picture and is standing right here helping me, so here goes.

A picture of new baby Cooper under his Christmas blankies !!

joeysmama
December 28th, 2005, 10:34 AM
I just brought this to the top so I can show off the puppy. I may never learn how to post pictures, so this may be it for me. Once my kids go back to school I'm flying solo here.;)

glasslass
December 28th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Oh sweet puppy! I've found that a baby receiving blanket makes the best doggy blanket. They wash well, are small sized, and soft. Den-Den starts out under the covers but gets too warm and moves. Corky is littler and stays tucked under. I cover Den-Den with his receiving blankie after he's settled on top. He'll stay that way all night.

joeysmama
December 28th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Oh a receiving blanket, I never thought of that. They're so soft and cozy too. Cooper will stay settled longer if he's covered too. Otherwise he moves about every few minutes. But tuck him under a blanket and he's happy for a long time.