Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What would you buy for yourself if you had 2000.00 to buy something

StaceyB
December 22nd, 2005, 12:40 AM
What would you spend 2000.00 on besides using it to pay bills.
I would be getting our next puppy, a blue dane. It will probably happen next year anyway.

Forgot about inflation. Lets say 2000.00 to 3000.00.

Bushfire2000
December 22nd, 2005, 01:22 AM
What a fascinating question!
$2000.00 is quite a lot of money.
No doubt in my mind that if I didn't already have 4 dogs another one would be coming. But since I have filled the quota.

I can be selfish and maybe blow it on one or two things.
Either a large screen TV which it would only just cover.
Or more likely on bathroom fixtures(I am being honest here) I would love to put in a jacuzzi tub.
Ah can you imagine the luxury!!

Georgiapeaches
December 22nd, 2005, 01:22 AM
If I had $2000 to spare?? I would give it to a rescue, I have everything I need.

StaceyB
December 22nd, 2005, 01:25 AM
You may have everything you need and giving to a rescue is nice but what would you want to buy for yourself if you had it to blow.

Prin
December 22nd, 2005, 01:26 AM
I wish I had everything I needed... But for my spare $2000, I'd get rid of the mold in my bathroom.:thumbs up And any left over I'd use to buy a dishwasher, or insulate our attic, or buy a new muffler for my car (it's sounding a little sporty these days) and for sure some allergy tests for Jemma. And any left over from that will probably go for food.

I'm going to get $2000 from the govt Jan 1 for my tuition and in student loans, but it'll go to November and December's bills instead.

Why do you ask? We didn't win the 5 million?:(

Bushfire2000
December 22nd, 2005, 01:29 AM
Aww Georgiapeaches while thats a wonderful thing to do with the money.

live a little ,it's only make believe.

If it was real it would be eaten up by bills anyway.

What would you buy if all the shelters were empty (all the animals had received good loving homes).

Something you didn't need but it would be cool to have.
Following that line I guess I would buy that other little dog.

StaceyB
December 22nd, 2005, 01:32 AM
Sorry no 5 mil yet but I wish you all luck. I just thought it would be something fun and without limits of real life. You know, say all was good with regards to bills and others needs. The money was just for you and to be spent for you. No needs which most of us live by but just a want.

Georgiapeaches
December 22nd, 2005, 01:33 AM
I'm a student, so I don't necessarily have everything I want, but I do have above and beyond of what I need. Okay, so no donation?
No bills... a nice last minute deal to St. Maarten :)

StaceyB
December 22nd, 2005, 01:35 AM
Now that's a little better.

Prin
December 22nd, 2005, 01:37 AM
It's fun to play these games, but then it's sad to come back to reality... My bathroom will be moldy for a while... ooo speaking of mold, we need a new hot water heater too. I think I maxed out my $2000... Can I borrow somebody else's?

Georgiapeaches, I don't know how you do it. I mean, I usually have food around, but other than that, not much else comes around here. This week I have had soup for supper every day so far. It's good soup....:o

Bushfire2000
December 22nd, 2005, 01:38 AM
Way to go Georgiapeaches! :thumbs up :thumbs up

Georgiapeaches
December 22nd, 2005, 01:43 AM
Thanks you guys. Looking out and seeing snow, I wish I were on a nice beach.

Prin, I have help. I have money saved (Mutual Funds, etc.) and I have the support of my fiance. I am lucky enough not to have any loans, as of yet.

Prin
December 22nd, 2005, 01:44 AM
Ahhh, I shudda done that...:D I'm lucky I'm in Qc though. We have bursaries so I won't graduate with debt up to my eyeballs...

LOL, it didn't even occur to me to go away with that money... I'm not very imaginative...:o

Bushfire2000
December 22nd, 2005, 01:49 AM
Hey StacyB, If I gave you that Great Dane what else would you buy?

(uh, just incase you were wondering, I can't really do that.)

I'm with you Prin, didn't even cross my mind to take a trip.

Prin
December 22nd, 2005, 01:52 AM
LOL I love the turnaround! Stacey, what non-doggy thing would you buy?:D

StaceyB
December 22nd, 2005, 01:58 AM
Ahh, lets see.
I wouldn't mind going on a clothing shopping spree or maybe a new bedroom suite or a trip to Australia would be nice.
I also wouldn't mind decking out the shop.

Bushfire2000
December 22nd, 2005, 02:01 AM
Australia :thumbs up Shopping for clothes:thumbs up good job very encouraging!

StaceyB
December 22nd, 2005, 02:04 AM
I guess I will have to get busy generating business.

shannonRN
December 22nd, 2005, 02:20 AM
How much is that in US$? Does it matter? What I want is to hire someone to finish my Christmas cookies, a tennis ball launcher to keep Rommel happy and personal massage therapist to take care of me until the first two are done. Then I want to take a long nap, but lucky me---naps are free :)

Prin
December 22nd, 2005, 03:52 AM
Shannon, if it's in Canadian, all you can buy is a chocolate bar.:D

How much are you paying for the baking?:cool:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 22nd, 2005, 08:00 AM
I would buy a new washer and dryer and a new dishwasher. Then I would buy a nice flat screen tv with the left overs. I would also get my belly button repierced and my ears as I never wear earings and the holes have grown over on one side. Then if anything was still left over I would buy one of those nice benches that you can put in your hall and throw shoes and stuff in.

Rick C
December 22nd, 2005, 09:51 AM
A new computer for myself and a gold bracelet bracelet amply crusted with a few diamonds for Mrs. C (actually, that's what I'm giving her for Christmas).

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

BMDLuver
December 22nd, 2005, 09:56 AM
A new computer for myself and a gold bracelet bracelet amply crusted with a few diamonds for Mrs. C (actually, that's what I'm giving her for Christmas).

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca
Wish some of your christmas cheer would rub off on my husband, lol...

If I had $2000 to spare, I would head up to the cottage for 10 weeks of snow solitude with my family and critters.. it's so peaceful there this time of year!

Rottielover
December 22nd, 2005, 10:21 AM
if I had 2000$, I would love to buy my daughter some toys that I can not afford, or take her places where she would have fun. And some clothes for me too

jessi76
December 22nd, 2005, 10:25 AM
If I HAD to spend $2,000 on me, I'd like a new car. 2k would be a nice down-payment. But I'd probably continue to drive my rust-bucket, and spend the 2k to fence in our yard so Tucker can romp freely without me having a stroke everytime he's off-leash in the yard.

Lizzie
December 22nd, 2005, 10:50 AM
If I had 2000 dollars handed to me, I wouldn't spend it. I'd just owe 2000 dollars less in student loans! That would bring me enough happiness.

StaceyB
December 22nd, 2005, 10:53 AM
Ok no student loans to pay, what else.

Bushfire2000
December 22nd, 2005, 11:12 AM
Lizzie it's make believe!!!
No loan payments, Santa paid them for you.
Come on what do you want (not need)

Lizzie
December 22nd, 2005, 11:30 AM
Awe shucks. Santa paid off my loans!! Then I really don't need or want anything!

BUT, if I am forced to take the 2000 dollars to a mall and buy something, I guess I would put it towards a bedroom sized, flat screed BRAVIA LCD panel tv from the Sony store :) There, I found something to buy! (wasn't that hard afterall!):thumbs up

Bushfire2000
December 22nd, 2005, 11:46 AM
Yay, good on you mate. excellent taste:party: :party: :party:

poodletalk
December 22nd, 2005, 12:30 PM
If I had 2k to spare, I would buy a new bedroom set!

jjgeonerd
December 22nd, 2005, 01:31 PM
I'd buy a new custom swingarm and set of triple clamps for my motorcycle. Then with the ~$300 left over I'd buy my wife something nice (to prevent her from killing me for blowing that much money on my motorcycle! :p ).

StaceyB
December 22nd, 2005, 01:37 PM
Way to go, how nice to also think of your wife, even though it is to keep you out of trouble.

Shamrock
December 22nd, 2005, 02:48 PM
Oh boy- 2 K to blow!
I'd take it down to Vegas, where I'd turn it into 10K. (its' make believe, right?) :D With that, I'd travel to Europe, take a Mediterranean cruise.

Or, maybe the practical side of me would win out - a big screen tv.:)

Rick C
December 22nd, 2005, 04:32 PM
Oh boy- 2 K to blow!
I'd take in down to Vegas, where I'd turn it into 10K. (its' make believe, right?) :D With that, I'd travel to Europe, take a Mediterranean cruise.

Did anyone see that story in the National Post last week about a guy who has a red paper clip and is attempting to barter it into a new house.

So far he's up to a generator.

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/story.html?id=ef28eefd-e7ef-4a66-ba11-4553f02152aa&k=33975

So hold on to your dream Shamrock. It could happen.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Shamrock
December 22nd, 2005, 05:33 PM
Wow! Now "there" is an entepreneur:) .

The generator's apparently been traded for a snowmobile now, Rick.
Winter sports, anyone?

Interesting to see how he does in this game of barter.
Will the novelty of his scheme wear off... or will he be sitting in his house next July as he hopes.

Frenchy
December 22nd, 2005, 09:10 PM
$2000.00,I would adopt the foster i have right now.His name is Sam,he is overweight,8 years old shaved golden retriever who has probably hip displasia.So nobody wants him.He's been with me for almost 2 months.He is totally adorable and I'm trying to find a way to keep him.I already have 2 goldens and live alone.Or I must find a boyfriend who is rich and loves dogs....

joeysmama
December 22nd, 2005, 09:53 PM
I think I would blow it on clothes and dinners out. Salon treatments.

Wouldn't it be fun is some eccentric good samaritan decided to give 2 grand to everyone who posted on this thread ??:D

babyrocky1
December 22nd, 2005, 09:57 PM
I would take Rocky on a trip out of Ontario. Actually probably stop off and visit you guys in Quebec I have never been there! Yep, I would rent a car and get my daughter to drive us to the East coast with lots of "tourist stops" on the way. And Rocky could hang his big Un-muzzled head out the window LOL

Bushfire2000
December 23rd, 2005, 12:12 AM
Wouldn't it be fun if some eccentric good samaritan decided to give 2 grand to everyone who posted on this thread ??:D

I live in hope:angel:

Prin
December 23rd, 2005, 12:36 AM
Wouldn't it be fun is some eccentric good samaritan decided to give 2 grand to everyone who posted on this thread ??:DYa, Marko's not that rich.:D:clown:

meb999
December 23rd, 2005, 09:46 AM
I would get hair extensions (I recently cut my hair short and I'm not crazy about it...). I would go to New York and buy some insanely expensive clothes -- clothes that aren't even on sale!!!

BeagleMum
December 23rd, 2005, 10:34 AM
ooh, $2,000. I have a few options:

1. Put a deck on the house
2. Paint the whole house
3. Finnish the basement (well flooring anyway)

Those aren't my top three favourites, just probably what I need the most. If those were done, I would:

1. buy life jackets, rain coats and cool shirts for the dogs.
2. Buy new toys for the dogs (the ones that I think are way overpriced)
3. All new clothes for me, mine are all too big now.
4. Enroll in more dog training.

I wouldn't take a trip. I don't really trust anyone to take care of my dogs for a whole week. I would miss them too much.

Bushfire2000
December 23rd, 2005, 11:46 AM
1. buy life jackets, rain coats and cool shirts for the dogs.
2. Buy new toys for the dogs (the ones that I think are way overpriced)
3. All new clothes for me, mine are all too big now.
4. Enroll in more dog training.

I wouldn't take a trip. I don't really trust anyone to take care of my dogs for a whole week. I would miss them too much.

It's a fantasy buy all that and take the dogs with you:D

Schwinn
December 23rd, 2005, 12:34 PM
I'd get the convertable trailer so I could take Gracie biking (you all knew it had something to do with the bike, right?) and skiing. With the rest, it'd be a down payment on either a nice road bike, or this thing:
http://www.electrabike.com/canada/04/bikes/05bikes/str/05_str_21.html#

(partly because I think it's cool and would look neat in my "stable" of bikes, partly because Cheryl would be infinitely embarassed that I would ride it!)

and then a new TV to replace Cheryls.

Actually, it'd probably be a down payment on whatever I'm getting to replace the RED RANGER.

StaceyB
December 23rd, 2005, 01:19 PM
Schwinn,

Did you get my post about the dog walking bike attachment. If you didn't they have them at pet supply house. www.petsupplyhouse.com

papillonmama
December 23rd, 2005, 11:40 PM
I'd really like to redecorate my living room paying particular attention to the fireplace, the previous tenant painted it a hidious greeny/grey, and outlined all of the bricks with black paint! I would strip that. And hey, why not, I'd even pay to have it inspected and swept out, by a pro. But that's grown up stuff...
I would probably spend the money on something like a salt water aquarium, a nice one with a stand and all the neccesary equipment. And of course, the fish!;)

papillonmama
December 23rd, 2005, 11:47 PM
Oh yeah, and some new blinds for the living room..... ;)

RE: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=21794

Bushfire2000
December 24th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Oh yeah, and some new blinds for the living room..... ;)

RE: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=21794

Hey, your blinds add charm and warmth to your living space!!
Although $2000.00 Would buy some great Blinds!
If you spent $2000.00 on them would blinds be called blinds?
Or would some other name be more appropriate IE window coverings.

Prin
December 24th, 2005, 03:15 AM
LOL They definitely would be "window coverings"... But if you're going to spend it all on blinds, why don't you let me pick them out? Give me the $2000 and I'll find you some really nice ones..:D

By the way papillonmama, I think you're supposed to have more fun with the money than that... I mean, the aquarium is ok, but let the hubby fix the rest with his $2000...:evil:

catsnatcher-CDN
December 24th, 2005, 05:24 AM
If I had $2000.00 to spend, I would by a tennis bracelet. I just know I can trap more strays with all that glitter!

:clown:

papillonmama
December 25th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Oh sweeet! I didn't know that the hubby gets 2000 too. Well then I'd better get some hot shoes.
:evil: You can never get enough hot shoes!

Oh yeah, the blinds, I guess I'll have to use some of my 5 million, I'd buy some sort of super anti-climb cat friendly window treatment.

The blinds are bad, but I took down the sheer curtains months ago!:Yikes

glasslass
December 26th, 2005, 09:38 PM
I have too much stuff, so it would have to be something that doesn't take up space . . . like jewelry! Something I'd normally feel guilty buying. Or maybe I'd have someone come in and redo my closets to miraculously organize and hold all my stuff and look great to boot! Or maybe a train trip across country on the California Zepher (sp?) with a roomy sleeper and gourmet meals!

Schwinn
December 27th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Schwinn,

Did you get my post about the dog walking bike attachment. If you didn't they have them at pet supply house. www.petsupplyhouse.com

I thought about one of those, but Daisy likes to chase things to "play", and I clip into my peddles (like ski-boots, which means I'm attached to my bike...still don't know why this is a good idea), and I always visualize it binding up and not letting loose and being dragged down the road by dumb-dumb while I'm still attached!

shannonRN
December 27th, 2005, 01:13 PM
and then a new TV to replace Cheryls.
At first glance, this read:
and then a new TV to replace Cheryl
:D

Schwinn
December 27th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Nope, she's irreplaceable...

StaceyB
December 28th, 2005, 09:53 AM
She's reading these posts isn't she. very smart

Schwinn
December 28th, 2005, 05:15 PM
She's reading these posts isn't she. very smart

'Tis the season, I have to be nice. :D (and even if it wasn't...)

Sunkist/Winnie
December 29th, 2005, 07:24 AM
I would pay someone to landscape the yard of the house we bought this year. Everytime I look at the yard I wonder how I'm ever going to make it look nice and green...and with the leftovers, if there was any - I'd buy a hot tub so I could sit outside and enjoy the view of my newly fixed yard!

Oh, and as hubby gets 2K also, put that towards a motorbike. :)

Prin
December 29th, 2005, 01:10 PM
A motorbike to tear up your new lawn?:D :evil:

Sunkist/Winnie
December 29th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Shhhssshhhh don't give him any ideas!

I like a nice lush green lawn, he thinks weeds are better...you can't kill them and they don't require any kind of maintenance...like mowing.