Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Simon integrated with other dogs

dmc123
December 21st, 2005, 10:19 PM
Just wanted to let you all know, that tonight Simon and Rudy and Delaney were finally let into the same room, untethered, unleashed. And all are well.

Two months ago yesterday, we took in Simon. He had been dropped off on our street. After a day or so at our neighbor's house, he came to live with us. He is approx 1 1/2 yrs old, and just a puppy at heart.

Since that time, we have taken him in, and made him a part of the household, but with two other older dogs, almost 10 and almost 7, we gated the house off and took turns with them.

Tonight, we finally opened the gate....and despite a little growling, all is well! I was so scared to do it, but knew I had to or go crazy wondering if they would get along. Prior to this, they met at the gates nightly, sometimes nudging and kissing, and a lot of sniffing. It felt like it would be ok. And it was. My roomie thought it would be ok, she had taken him to NY with her and he met her sister's three dogs. All was ok there after some sniffing and a tad of growling.

Anyway, I just wanted to say, now they are all getting along quite well.

I am so relieved. Now we can have the Christsmas gift together, no gates.

Diane

mona_b
December 22nd, 2005, 10:10 PM
That is soooo good to hear.

Now we need to see pics of the happy family.........:D

dmc123
February 3rd, 2006, 06:41 PM
Finally got some pictures developed and scanned of Simon, Rudy and Delaney all together :)

Still haven't purchased a digital camera, hopefully soon.

This one is Simon at the doggie gate before we put them all together, and the second is all three getting carrots for a treat!

Diane

dmc123
February 3rd, 2006, 06:43 PM
The first here is Rudy and Simon peeking out into the yard.

The second is Simon and Delaney tugging.

dmc123
February 3rd, 2006, 06:44 PM
The first here is Simon quite comfortable on the couch.

The second is my favorite so far, Simon and Rudy on my bed.

Diane

downloader
February 3rd, 2006, 07:40 PM
nice family! Thanks for the great job of taking in a stray. Good luck to all of you

www.bluewhippet.net