Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lexy, my siamese?

amber416
December 21st, 2005, 01:03 PM
Lexus (Lexy) is an adult I have been fostering since around April of last year for the group I work with. She is ridiculously shy and I can't bring myself to bring her to any adoption events....i also can't bring myself to send her to any new home when i think she may be returned to me due to her shyness, so....she will probably be with me for a long time (or forever :) ).

Anyway, Lexy's mom was feral and she entered foster care when she was young, along with her brothers and sisters. Her mom was a beautiful ragdoll mix who just would not come around to people. My group works only with ferals and ended up placing her in an outdoor home (an adoption fee was paid for her, and food and shelter is provided).

I joined this group after a couple of Lexy's siblings were already placed and she was about 8 mos old. I just spoke to the person who adopted her brother, Glacier, when he was little and found out that Glacier is Siamese (well a siamese mix, but he looks all siamese). My vet laughed when i was telling her this and said "well that explains why she never shuts up" (Lexy meows all day long). Here is Lexy...

amber416
December 21st, 2005, 01:05 PM
yeah, i don't see it either...

Lizzie
December 21st, 2005, 01:06 PM
If you've had her since April, I'd say she's found herself a home!

amber416
December 21st, 2005, 01:06 PM
oh well, i always wanted a siamese, this may be as close as i get in feral rescue :)

amber416
December 21st, 2005, 01:08 PM
If you've had her since April, I'd say she's found herself a home!

lol, yep, I'd say so, too....i just don't say it in front of my husband :) (he's not Lexy's biggest fan..she has this thing with ruining his leather shoes, which she couldn't do if he didn't leave them lying around....)

CyberKitten
December 21st, 2005, 03:28 PM
She may be a Siamese mix. Does she follow you around and have the objective "a Siamese will not be denied down pat?" Does she love high places? Does she chrip and have a vast vocabulary - not just meows and is she a svelte girl, long and blue eyes. Meezers must have blue eyes - that is the number one method of figuring out there is some meezer in a kitty. (I couold not tell from the photos - must ne by monitor, sorry!),Whatever she is, she is a cutie - I love black cats!

amber416
December 21st, 2005, 04:08 PM
You know, Lexy's eyes are really weird. I know they glow yellow in pictures (all of my cat's eyes seem to turn out yellow in pics except for Penny and actually..hers do too, sometimes), but they are a very weird smokey-grey color with an almost blueish green tint...i don't know, hard to explain, they're pretty though. She's certainly not svelte though, lol, so she didn't pick that trait up. Her brother has bright blue eyes, very much so Siamese in the way he looks. Lexy is so loud..she meows, she has this trill little bird-like chirp, steady whines...she always seems to have something to say. She does love high places (all the cats do), and is extremely demanding.

I don't really see any siamese in her except for the vocal stuff..just thought it was interesting after seeing her brother. I have always wanted a Siamese, unfortunately i would feel guilty adopting from a rescue other than my own, just because i know how many cats freeze to death and are put down at the local shelter because we don't have the room. Maybe someday i'll find a purebred Siamese running around feral :)

We did pick up a beautiful siamese mix from the local shelter a few days ago. This picture doesn't really do her justice...she has gorgeous ice blue eyes. Can you believe they were going to euthanize her?

CyberKitten
December 21st, 2005, 04:47 PM
Siamese rescue has many meezers in need of good homes!! My guess is your girl is a meezer mix tho - and she sounds wonderful and sooo cute!!!

chico2
December 21st, 2005, 05:02 PM
Amber,sure you'll keep Lexy,she is beautiful,although she only inherited the noisy part from a Siamese.
The Siamese-mix is gorgeous,I hope she will find a home..beautiful colouring:fingerscr