Winter Blues

LNeilB
December 21st, 2005, 10:36 AM
I have them already. My dog too...

http://lifewithdogs.blogspot.com

:pawprint:

little black do
December 21st, 2005, 09:57 PM
You must live where it is cold and snowy, we live in Ca.and I can see the sand dunes from my backyard, it helps keep the winterblues away, I moved here from Pa. 3 years ago...

Bushfire2000
December 22nd, 2005, 12:43 AM
Oh my Gosh, shades of "White Christmas" don't you ski in Vermont? And sing while doing so? It's been a lovely day here today I think I can wait for the blues.
little black do, do you have the blues in California? I mean is it possible to have winter blues where theres no winter?

Prin
December 22nd, 2005, 12:49 AM
Aren't they from the shorter days? I thought it was a photoperiod thing...

I'd get the blues if Christmas was sunny and sandy rather than snowy and freezy...

jawert1
December 22nd, 2005, 08:52 AM
little black do, where in PA? My folks live north of Harrisburg, and while the winter's aren't vastly different between there and VA, I've found that the overabundance of unnatural light has helped me through my normal Winter Blues. Thankfully we've passed the winter solstice (holy day that it is) and are now onto lengthening daylight!

Terrie
December 22nd, 2005, 09:32 AM
I hear ya, I had them Nov 23rd when our first snow started:( ,
But Kuma well now, he's a snow dog.. loves it, yesterday I was throwing snowballs at him ( well more like snow dust because it wouldn't stick) and proud as he was, he was trying to catch em in his mouth...

Terrie
December 22nd, 2005, 11:08 AM
K U M A ' S S O N G !!!

Walkin' in A Doggie Wonderland

Dog tags ring, are you listenin'?
In the lane, snow is glistenin'.
It's yellow, NOT white - I've been there tonight,
Marking up my winter wonderland.

Smell that tree? That's my fragrance.
It's a sign for wand'ring vagrants;
"Avoid where I pee, it's MY pro-per-ty!
Marked up as my winter wonderland."

In the meadow Mom will build a snowman,
following the classical design.
Then I'll lift my leg and let it go Man,
So all the world will know it's
mine-mine-mine!

Straight from me to the fence post,
flows my natural incense boast;
"Stay off of my TURF, this small piece of earth,
I mark it as my winter wonderland.

LNeilB
December 22nd, 2005, 12:22 PM
little black do, where in PA? My folks live north of Harrisburg, and while the winter's aren't vastly different between there and VA, I've found that the overabundance of unnatural light has helped me through my normal Winter Blues. Thankfully we've passed the winter solstice (holy day that it is) and are now onto lengthening daylight!

I lived in Gettysburg for many years. The climate was much better than Vermont....