Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kitten Wetting Bed Only At Night??

Chassy
October 6th, 2003, 08:49 AM
Hi all! It's a pleasure to be here. I'm happy to meet all of you. I'm hoping someone can help me out with a little problem I have.

I just got a new male kitten 2 nights ago (Saturday Oct 4 was the first night). He is approx 7-8 weeks - closer to 8 weeks but no more than 8. I have two other cats, females, ages 3 and 5. What's curious is this. The kitten knows to use the litter box and has done both in it. However, both nights when sleeping in our bed, the kitten has literally "wet" the bed.

The first night I thought maybe I had done it myself and was more than a little concerned that at the age of 25 I would still be having accidents at night. :p Last night though - he did it again. Being that it's dark in the room, I can't tell if he's awake when he does it, or if he's sleeping.

I am considering taking away his water a few hours before bed, but the other 2 cats have their water bowl and I'd have to pick theirs up too. Also, Carlo (the kitten), is eating wet food right now for a week or so more and that has water in it too.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I'm truly puzzled by this incident. I've never had a cat wet the bed only at night. He uses his litter box with no mistakes during the time that myself and my husband are awake.

Thanks so much in advance!