Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A Reflective time of year

Shamrock
December 20th, 2005, 04:49 PM
A lot of people find the holidays a difficult time, for very varied reasons. At such a sentimental time of sharing and family times - harmony, love and togetherness are emphasized and longed for. And happily, for the most part.. they are there.
But, as few families are perfect, this cant always be. Some relationships are strained, conflicts keeping people apart.
Powerful emotions come to the surface at this time of year as we reflect back.. and ahead.

Our family faces a very difficult time this holiday season, as we are sadly incomplete - a huge void with the loss of our son and brother. I know this first Christmas will be the hardest... and it certainly has me floundering with emotion. I dissolve into tears at the drop of a hat, it seems.. gets me a few odd glances when it's in a public place.;)
I am very grateful for the love and support of my family, and we will honour our dear Kevin in a special remembrance this Christmas, his spirit and memory in our hearts every moment of every day.:love:

I would just like to say that for those who have strained relationships with family members... Christmas is a great time to mend those fences, to just let things go. Conflicts are part of life, but everyone has something to give us... and we have something to give to them. For all our shortcomings, those we love and who love us give the greatest gift that is truly irreplaceable.

Life is short, family and friends are everything important in life. We all know this, obviously. but "things" can get in the way. Time goes on, we believe these things will be sorted out 'sometime".
One never knows if "this' Christmas might be the last shared together.
I can tell you I wish I'd spent last Christmas differently.. but none of know what the fates hold.

I hope this isnt too depressing - or "preachy".. that is not my intention at all.
I am just feeling emotional today, and intend to try to mend a fence of my own, with a dear and longtime friend with whom I've let past conflict become a wall between us.

I wish you all a most blessed and joyous holiday with your loved ones, and every happiness to come your way.

Merry Christmas to you all!:grouphug:

Prin
December 20th, 2005, 11:40 PM
It's true. When it comes down to it, if we knew what was going to happen, we might appreciate today and the people around us a bit more. It's hard to be forgiving sometimes when you take the people for granted.

I don't think it's depressing at all. But then again, I tend to live for now and I make sure the people I love know it now... Just in case.

I really hope your Christmas turns out a million times better than you expect, Fran.:fingerscr

Shamrock
December 21st, 2005, 02:40 PM
Thanks, Prin!:grouphug: I feel better today. Sorry, I didnt mean to come across so whiny..:D
Its a nostalgic time of year, Christmas - emotions can get the best of us at times.
There are many blessings in everyone's life to be very thankful for, and I certainly have mine also.

I've always found that for all the hectic preperations, this season brings its own magic and calm with it too,.. a peaceful and warm feeling.

I wish you and your family a very wonderful and memorable Christmas, Prin :grouphug:

Prin
December 21st, 2005, 02:42 PM
Thanks!:)
(And it wasn't whining.;) )