Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

bubye, my kitty...

.unknown.
December 20th, 2005, 04:05 PM
My parents had to euthanize my childhood kitty last weekend.
She was 15yrs old... Hyperthroidism and kidney problems... She was losing weight so fast.

my poor kitty.

It just sank in last night that i'm never going to see her again.

:(

Prin
December 20th, 2005, 05:41 PM
I'm so sorry! It must be so hard to lose a buddy who has been such a staple in your life. :sorry: :grouphug: :grouphug:

.unknown.
December 20th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Thank you =) I have so many fond memories of her.

Her mother was from a Litter my Aunt's cat had (my aunt has since passed away also) She lived on a farm with my cousins in abbotsford. All of her family was killed by car accidents unfortunatley. She was the only survivor! The runt of the litter, she travelled from BC to ontario, to California, and back in the car with me and my family as we moved around the continent. She lived the perfect life of a cat... She was quite the hunter, she brought home a pigeon once, a great feat for a tiny cat like she was... Once she even offered my dad a garter snake!.

When she was a kitten she used to do back flips chasing after a balled up peice of toilet paper on the end of a string.

It was funny, when she was about 5, my dad brought home a tiny puppy. She was orphaned by her mother and was about 6-8 weeks and just weened from the bottle when she got to us. Kitty HATED dogs. Absolutley despised them. So we were very worried she would run away or something when she saw the puppy. So, we were in the kitchen sitting on the floor playing with Murphy, and i called the kitty to the kitchen to see the new addition to the family. Murphy ran up to her she sniffed her, sat down... Watched murphy for a bit and wandered off. She accepted murphy right away. They played and chased each other all over for 10 years. She even had the patience to put up with murphy humping her every once in a while. hehe

She was a great cat, patient, docile, cuddley and so calm.

I will miss her alot, but am so thankful she was in my life for so long.

In a childhood full of changes and moving she was a good companion.

:love:

Prin
December 21st, 2005, 12:53 AM
That's a great story. I love it when animals seem to be meant for each other.:love: