Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

great dane lost in perth

sydney'smommy
December 20th, 2005, 01:29 PM
I'm so glad maggie was found, but Sydney is still missing.

she is a 10 month old spayed female great dane. brindle with less brindling on her right hind leg. i'll attach a pic of her, but it's older and she is more then twice the size she was in the pic. we have been searching every day since the 25th of November with very little success. we recieved 2 calls from kindhearted people who thought they might have seen her, but still have come up with nothing. she was lost near stanleyville which is about 9 KM from perth towards Westport. i let her out for a pee with her blanket on when i got home and never saw her again. i haven't had any calls at all about her since the 1st of december and am starting to lose hope. anyone with any info, please call. it's not going to be a merry christmas without her. thank you for reading this.

Jen Pretty
613-267-2333

t.pettet
December 20th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Live north of Perth and have been keeping eyes/ears open for Sydney, in fact clipped a dane's nails this a.m. but he was a black with white bib. Did she break her tie-out leash or scale a fence? Keeping my fingers crossed for her recovery.

sydney'smommy
December 21st, 2005, 12:23 PM
no, i let her out the front door. we live very far from a road and she usually just goes pee and comes back in. especially in cold weather. My neighbours dogs usually come over to our yard to play with sydney and my other dog corona, when we are outside. however, on this day, it was quite cold and i didn't expect them to even leave my front yard. my other dog was on the front porch when i went out to look for her 1/2 hour later. we spent the rest of the day wandering through the bush calling her and all of the following day in the bush but couldn't come up with anything. I've been out driving around looking for her every day since she went missing. she isn't the kind of dog who would miss her dinner and i let her out quite close to dinner time. thank-you for keeping your eyes open for her. i can't imagine she's still out there chaising a deer or something. she's so sensitive to the cold!