Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

We live in Pentagon City

joanna
December 19th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Hi everyone

We just got 2 cocker spaniels and are sleep deprived.
My husband and I only get to sleep together for about 3 hours because we have to take turns taking care of little rascals Royce(Light buff) and Gaia(Red), but we are extremely happy to have new additions to our family.

Royce is 13 weeks old,15lb, and VERY smart but shy.
Gaia is 10 weeks,3 lbs, very people friendly but clueless.

AliSam
December 19th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Oh what cuties. Welcome to the board.

Bushfire2000
December 19th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Oh my gosh!! They are so cute. I just love the way they look cockers are amung my favorites! Welcome!

jawert1
December 19th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Welcome and what cuties!

joanna
December 19th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Um....

Can I say that I just realized this was a Canadian forum?:sorry: Hope no one minds that I live south of the boarder...

But I must say this is one of the most comprehensive & helpful pet forums I've come across on the web... I just had to stick around... :)

StaceyB
December 19th, 2005, 02:45 PM
We have members here from all over the world including many from the states. Welcome

Lissa
December 19th, 2005, 03:36 PM
WELCOME!! I can't believe the size difference in your Cockers! They sure are cute though!!

Can't wait to see and hear more of them! :)

chico2
December 19th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Joanna,a great big welcome to you and your adorable puppies:thumbs up
This Forum is definetly not for Canadians only it's for animal-lovers wherever they might be.
You sort of have double trouble,no wonder you are sleepdeprived:D
I walk a Cocker-Spaniel every day and at 5 years old,she is loaded with energy,so be prepared:D

Frenchy
December 19th, 2005, 08:10 PM
HI Joanna,they look like angels!!!Too cute.It's a shame you live so far,I would love to dogsit!!!!

CyberKitten
December 20th, 2005, 09:43 PM
There is NO border on the internet!! That is one of the things I love, meeting ppl from everywhere!! The pups are adorable!!

papillonmama
December 20th, 2005, 10:02 PM
So adorable:love: , welcome to the board!

joanna
December 21st, 2005, 08:14 AM
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome.

In just a couple of days my puppies adapted to their crates. Their crates are in different rooms, and they each sleep in there twice during the day and at night.

Potty training was chaotic the first 3 days, Royce was doing so well before, but ever since Gaia came, he just went in front of the door! We had to back step and confine them to the bathroom with occasional playtimes outside. This seems to be going well.

Feeding time is fun though because Royce is soooo food motivated. I am hand feeding both of them for breakfast and lunch. It's his time to do tricks and pay attention to Me while Gaia is still near by. Dinner they eat separately on their own.

My my my what a huge job it is to raise 2 puppies with such different personalities. We will keep you all posted and share our experiences and maybe help those others like we were helped.

Again, Thank you for the huge welcome everyone!!! :love:

Joanna :pawprint: