Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

xmas shopping

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 19th, 2005, 08:11 AM
I love xmas shopping and as usual I wait until the week before xmas to start shopping. So one of my friends from work and I went yesterday.

Starters my bank card just decides to stop working on the only day I have to do my shopping and I have one hour to get all my presents. Which I eventually end up charging after trying to get about 4 of the those ATM machines that charge you 5.00 to take out your money.

Then I am in the gap in line I have my items on the counter, this women comes up and puts her stuff and her wallet right on top of my stuff that I am still paying for and she is standing one inch behind me breathing down my neck. I sooo wanted to tell her to back off, maybe she wanted to pick pocket me.

Then the mall that we are shopping in has nothing for my kids and nothing for Joey, so we hit the real bank machine get some cash and go to Walmart, which is one that I have never been too because its in Kelowna and we dont know where anything is. So I go to get my kids gifts which I know exactly what they want, but of course they dont have it so I have to get something else. I planned to get Joey a coat do you think they would have a small for him, no of course not only xs,xxs, l,and xl no smalls, I ended up getting him a medium which I hope fits him.

I still have to go again on Wed with the kids because they have to buy for their dad too. Thats always fun its going to be even busier that day. :D

StaceyB
December 19th, 2005, 08:18 AM
I am on the ball this year. I have all the gifts bought and wrapped. Usually I am doing last minute shopping and wrap everything christmas eve.

AliSam
December 19th, 2005, 02:34 PM
I have everything bought and ready to wrap (including a treat box for Sam of course). I was planning to wrap yesterday but besides having everything laid out and ready, nothing got done. Sigh, I will have to start tonight.

Prin
December 19th, 2005, 02:38 PM
You have to really like crowds to go shopping these days... Yesterday there was a huge traffic jam to get into Carrefour Laval here. Pretty nuts- but then people still take their hummers to get there. :confused: :rolleyes:

I've done most of mine already, but no matter how much I avoid it, I always forget something and have to dive in anyway.:rolleyes:

raingirl
December 19th, 2005, 09:34 PM
I do most of mine in October and November, or even earlier if I see something on sale that I know someone will want (as early as summer)...that is, except for my family. My family doesn't get together until New Years, so I buy all their gifts boxing day. Generally speaking, anyone I need to ship/mail things to, or have things for christmas day, I get them early, then anyone I'm not seeing until after christmas, I do on boxing day.

I love boxing day though. So many specials! I head into toronto for 6:30 am, have a McD's breakfast, and the stores open at 7 am when most ppl don't even bother to come down. I'm usually done before it even gets busy! (btw-all you music lovers, HMV in downtown Toronto has door crasher specials with all kinds of free stuff at 7 am)

StaceyB
December 19th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Every year my husband asks if I am going to make a list and every year I tell him no I go see what the sales are. Anyone make a list.

Prin
December 20th, 2005, 01:17 AM
I do, but only after. Just so I don't forget anybody.:thumbs up