Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

People SUCK!!!!!

meb999
December 19th, 2005, 06:53 AM
POEPLE SUCK. PEOPLE SUCK. PEOPLE SUCK!!! Why would someone do this????

From the Notheastern Boxer Rescue website (http://www.boxerrescue.com)

Northeastern Boxer Rescue

Big Al & Emma (NH)
fostered in NY
7 months old
Fawn
natural ears
docked tails
Approx Weight: ? lbs.

11/09/05 - We received a desperate plea for help from a woman who found two young boxers in a wilderness area. Clearly someone had left these two siblings to fend for themselves. She saw something move behind a log, and when she went to investigate she saw two puppies huddling together. They had large patches of missing fur, and were covered with weeping sores, but they still had the strength to wag their nubs when they saw her face. She had no plan but took them home. She could not bear to leave them there alone to die.

The male, who has been named Big Al, was so weak she had to carry him to her car…the female, who has been named Emma, could barely walk. They were finally safe. She contacted numerous agencies, rescues, and shelters for help. The only answer they had for her was euthanasia. When we were contacted we immediately arranged to have them dropped off at a veterinary hospital where they have been undergoing treatment for the last month. They have been very ill … it was touch and go for both initially.

Upon the doctor’s examination they both were diagnosed with a severe case of non contagious demodectic mange. Since they obviously never received medical treatment prior to coming into rescue, they developed severe skin infections that were life threatening. While they have been hospitalized the female has been gaining her strength, however the male was struggling and his condition was grave. His blood levels showed that he was severely anemic and needed iron supplements, which have since boosted his blood levels closer to normal. Both are under weight, were covered with fleas, had weeping swollen wounds, and were severely dehydrated. They are now on the road to recovery.

The vet that is treating them estimates their age at approximately 7 months old, and he can’t say enough about their incredibly sweet and loving temperaments. He said they seem to appreciate everything that is being done for them. Their eyes tell the tale.

Big Al and Emma have been hospitalized for over a month and they are finally strong enough to leave the hospital. To date we have spent thousands of dollars on their medical care but it has been worth every penny. These wonderfully sweet dogs have been through so much together and we are looking for a home that will adopt them both. The good news is that they will recover completely and have no lasting health problems due to their initial lack of medical treatment.

We are in desperate need of donations to help cover the medical bills of dogs we have in rescue who need extreme medical treatments, such as Big Al and Emma. Any amount of financial help will be greatly appreciated.

If you are interested in adopting this dog, please fill out an online application first. Then e-mail ALL contacts listed below. Be sure to include your full name, city, state, and area code in the subject line of your message.

If you can help with the medical care for Big Al & Emma

You can send a check directly to: Northeastern Boxer Rescue
P.O. Box 95 Sunderland MA 01375.
or use makes it easy and secure to send payments online via credit card.

http://www.boxerrescue.com/AVAILDOGS/Avail0511/pupsNH0511b.jpg

http://www.boxerrescue.com/AVAILDOGS/Avail0511/pupsNH0511a.jpg

http://www.boxerrescue.com/AVAILDOGS/Avail0511/pupsNH0511g.jpg

http://www.boxerrescue.com/AVAILDOGS/Avail0511/Big%20Al%20%20Emma%20Nov%2005-2.jpg

12/11/05 - What a difference good care and love have made for Big Al & Emma! They're on the road to complete recovery. They still have their sweet and loving temperaments - that hasn't changed! What has changed? They're full of energy, they feel good, they're growing, and they look oh so much better!

They love to play - with each other and with their foster brother Champ. They're so much fun to watch. They're inquisitive and enjoy having fun! It would be wonderful if they could be adopted together - they're inseparable.

To all you rescuers out there : you're my hero!!

StaceyB
December 19th, 2005, 07:26 AM
What sweet dogs. I hope they find a wonderful home.

BMDLuver
December 19th, 2005, 08:54 AM
OMG, those poor dogs! I'd like two minutes alone with the creep who did that. Argh, that just infuriates me to no end. :sad:

meb999
December 19th, 2005, 09:05 AM
OMG, those poor dogs! I'd like two minutes alone with the creep who did that. Argh, that just infuriates me to no end. :sad:

Yeah, ditto!! I think I'd drop HIM off in the middle of nowhere to fend for himself :evil:
I cried like a baby when I read this story, then cuddled my little Buster for like 30 minutes!! Poor dog must've thought I was nuts!!

Sadie's Mom
December 19th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Oh my God. Those pictures just made me tear up. Poor babies. People are really disgusting. :mad:

Byrd
December 19th, 2005, 07:55 PM
They are so cute all curled up together in that last pic.... poor babies... I really hope that they get adopted together.

BoxerRescueMTL
December 19th, 2005, 09:06 PM
These poor babies. We try so hard to make up for what they have to go through but how can you make up for this? They are in good hands though and they will have a great family I am sure.

Prin
December 20th, 2005, 12:50 AM
Yeah, I hope they get adopted together too. They deserve that. :fingerscr :fingerscr

I remember when we got Boo- his fur was so thin and he had open sores on him too, but nothing like these two. Boo's unhealthy red hair all fell out and regrew black and we sort of took it symbolically like he was starting fresh.

I hope these guys get a great life and a fresh start.:fingerscr