Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

No Xmas charity for Snowflake/st.laz.

Lucky Rescue
December 18th, 2005, 10:15 PM
This little girl was sitting by a ditch in a desolate field across from the Flying J today, terrified, freezing and starving. Of all the many hundreds of cars that passed her, not one person stopped to help.

It was very lucky that Debbie Raymond (Lucky Rescue) was in one of those cars and managed to get to the kitty in the deep snow.

She's now safe and warm. She is so traumatized it's not known if she is tame or not, but if tame she will need a home after being vet checked and spayed.

Shamrock
December 18th, 2005, 11:56 PM
Oh, the poor little thing - what an ordeal she's been through.
Bless her guardian angel for saving her life.:angel:

Prin
December 19th, 2005, 02:16 AM
Poor kitty! Yey Debbie for saving this kitty! Lucky kitty that ONE person in one of those cars had a heart of gold.:love:

BMDLuver
December 19th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Poor little sweetie. Thank heavens Deb was around! She's one lucky little girl!

chico2
December 19th, 2005, 08:51 AM
It must sound a little corny,but it seems sometimes like some animals have a guardian angel,leading them to people like Debbie,as in the sad/happy story of the 2 boxer-puppies and their rescuer.
I know there are probably thousands more who never find their guardian angel:sad: but this little girl and many others will be warm this winter:love: thank's Deb's Lucky Rescue and all the other rescues:love:

Lucky Rescue
December 19th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Even worse, Debbie had to wade into a ditch to get to this girl, and the snow was in drifts nearly up to her waist. No one would even stop to ask if SHE needed help when they saw her struggling with the carrier and trying to get out of the snow.

Bah humbug.:mad:

Prin
December 19th, 2005, 01:41 PM
That's what I don't get about people. They're shopping for Christmas, trying to buy goodwill and cheer, but in the meantime, they're trampling over people, passing people in need- what happened to goodwill to all? What happened to "say hello to friends you know and everyone you meet"?

cpietra16
December 19th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Prin, I think this is a big city mentality. I left Montreal and moved to BC. I was there for 17 years and what a difference. People in big cities are always busy. I have to make an appointment to have a coffee with some friends.
I gave up a parking space to a lady the other day and she was so shocked she didn't know what to say. It's actually fun smiling and helping people around these times. They all have that "deer in the headlight" look. They just don't expect it.

Prin
December 19th, 2005, 02:31 PM
We gave up one yesterday when we clearly got there first and we didn't get a friendly wave or anything. Like it was expected or something. Mr Big SUV expects the world to make room for him, I guess.:rolleyes:

chico2
December 19th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Lucky,yes it is sad,that noone helped,but not surprising..:evil:
Believe me,if I had been there I would have trudged through the snow with her as would many others from the Forum I am sure.
I am always on the lookout for any animal in trouble,luckily we do not have the stray-population you do in Quebec.
Please tell Debbie,I think she is wonderful,we only need a few million like her,then we would have no starving,freezing animals out there.:love:

Lucky Rescue
December 19th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Please tell Debbie,I think she is wonderful,we only need a few million like her,then we would have no starving,freezing animals out there.

You're right about that! Cats, dogs, bunnies, sheep and even turkeys are well cared for!

Unfortunately, the prevailing attitude and mentality towards animals here is apalling, with more killed/abandoned and fewer adopted than in any large city in the country.

Here's Debbie's latest orphans: 7 wild turkeys at her house being fed every day! They're all huge now, and it's quite a sight to look out the window and see these gobblers on the deck! Well, there are only 5 now - presumably two killed by coyotes.......?

Lucky Rescue
December 19th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Well, it gets worse for poor little Snowflake. As if being abandoned, starved, frozen and terrified weren't enough, she just gave birth to 4 dead babies in her cage.:sad:

She's barely more than a kitten herself, and all the trauma and malnutrition no doubt brought this on. I guess it could have been worse - she could have given birth in the field today...

To all the people abandoning animals in this fashion, thanks for all the suffering you cause. Must be nice to not even care and leave it to others to clean up your messes.

Prin
December 20th, 2005, 12:36 AM
My jaw dropped on that one. That's terrible! Poor kitty! :sad: At least she's safe now.:love:

Shamrock
December 20th, 2005, 03:05 AM
Oh, poor little Snowflake! Just to read this breaks the heart - I cant imagine the feelings of "being there".
Have to wonder if she was dumped because she was pregnant - the "solution" to their problem.:evil: :mad:

It must have been Karma that Debbie happened by at the right time... she surely saved the life of this little sweetheart. Kindess replaces cruelty- her ordeal over.

As for Karma for those who do such things to defenceless, trusting animals... my Christmas wish for them is that they are visited by the "Ghosts of Animals Past"...those who paid the ultimate price for their caretaker's lack of a heart.

Course then they would have to also acquire a conscience... something else that seems to be missing from their soul.

chico2
December 20th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Debbie must be an awesome person to know,little Snowflake probably would have died after giving birth was she still out there,were it not for Debbie:love:
I know you guys see more inhumanity than anyone would like to see,but as heartbreaking as it is,it also must be a very gratifying feeling knowing you can try to make life better and safer for some unfortunate little soul.
Unfortunately people who do these things to animals,most of the time have no feelings of remorse,I have known a couple of them,who consider animals"just animals"void of feelings and needs:sad:and in a way I pity them,the love of an animal(or many)has enriched my life the way no human can.

Lucky Rescue
December 20th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Yes, I'm happy this baby is safe now, but cant' help thinking of all the cats out there right now giving birth in the snow, trying to feed kittens while they are starving, and with no one to help them.

The suffering people cause with their inhumanity and cruelty is just too much to bear.:sad:

CyberKitten
December 20th, 2005, 09:47 PM
I tried posting before on this thread and my message just disappeared - but it was befre Snowflake lost her babies!! Poor baby!! And as you noted, she is just a baby herself!!!!!! Thank God Debbie showed up and saved her!

Lucky Rescue
December 29th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Snowflake is home from her spay and deworming, and is ready to go to a home where someone has the patience and understanding to help her overcome her horrible start in life!

poodletalk
December 29th, 2005, 03:27 PM
She's such a cutie! I am sure she will be able to find her forever family in no time at all!!!!

glasslass
December 29th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Beautiful Snowflake! Has to get better! You've been through the worst!

Prin
December 30th, 2005, 01:09 AM
Very pretty kitty! I have my fingers crossed for her.:fingerscr