Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Abandoned newborn pups and mom reunited

Shamrock
December 18th, 2005, 03:09 PM
A couple of weeks ago, some heartless "human" dumped eight newborn lab cross pups - some with the umbilical cord still attached - and left them to die in the cold in a local park.

When found, two were dead, two were in very critical conditon.. but managed to survive through the intense efforts of vets. The news clip on this story was so disturbing... so sickening to think anyone could do such a thing.. and apparently get away with it.:mad:

But, at least some justice is being done. The owner took his dog to the vet.. worried she was too thin, and his cruel act was uncovered. He faces nine charges of animal cruelty

He refused to hand over the mother dog, so the SPCA seized her, and she has now been reunited with her six survivng puppies.

This apparently is the first time that the BC SPCA has obtained a warrant from the justice of the peace to take legal control of an animal bases solely on psychological distress.- in the case the emotional trauma of being seperated from her babies.

http://www.southdeltaleader.com/portals-code/list.cgi?paper=48&cat=23&id=557355&more=

chico2
December 18th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Shamrock,a sad but happy-ending story,at least some justice was done thank's to the BC SPCA.
Hopefully the owner will spend at least 6 months in jail,to get some time to think about what he has done and never own another animal.

Prin
December 18th, 2005, 05:10 PM
What a bittersweet story. I hope these babies get good homes.:fingerscr :fingerscr

CyberKitten
December 18th, 2005, 05:49 PM
It is indeed bittersweet!! Too bade the penalty was not higher for this so called human! (I know what I want to call him but it would be unallowed on the Board!)

meb999
December 19th, 2005, 10:37 AM
I hope he gets the maximum fine, 6 months in jail AND 'especially, a prohibition of EVER owning another animal. I've said it before, and I'll say it again : People suck!