Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ebay Live Pet Auction?!

BoxerRescueMTL
December 18th, 2005, 08:48 AM
:mad:
CROSS POST THIS TO THE WORLD!!!!

EBAY WANTS TO AUCTION OFF ANIMALS AND THEY ARE TRYING TO MAKE IT OK BY SAYING THEY WILL HAVE A SHELTER/RESCUSE SECTION. STOP THIS INSANITY BEFORE IT GETS STARTED. SEND THIS TO EVERY ANIMAL LOVER YOU KNOW.

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?threadID=1000164235&tstart=0&mod=1134879831779

http://snipurl.com/kvnf

EBay is taking feedback on wether or not they should allow animals to be auctioned off. please start a letter writing campaign , post feedback or whatever you can to tell them how you feel. auctioning off live animals is wrong and just another venue for the puppy millers....

meb999
December 18th, 2005, 10:26 AM
OMG!!! that's disgusting....*runs off to write a zillion letters*

Frenchy
December 18th, 2005, 11:18 AM
I just registered (sorry for the spelling) on e-bay and post a message on that bad idea.I've read the others reply and nobody seems to like it,I don't think it's going to happen.

BernerLver
December 19th, 2005, 11:47 AM
I heard about this in one of my other forums. Just what we need, another method by which peopel can make impulse decisions on pet ownership.
:mad:

I certainly hope all the negative feedback illustrates for the people at ebay what a truly stupid and irresponsible idea it is.

LM1313
December 19th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Update from eBay in the thread (page 64):

Clarification re: Pet Sales on eBay.com

I want to thank everyone whos posted to this board regarding our exploration of a new service to bring sellers and buyers of pets together. Its clear you see a strong distinction between pet adoption (e.g., the kind offered by responsible local shelters and advocated by leading animal welfare organizations) and selling pets for profit, which unfortunately can be associated with behavior thats inhumane and/or illegal. We understand and agree with this distinction.

Based on your responses many from animal welfare professionals -- were going to exclude commercial breeders and for-profit sale of pets from further consideration and instead focus the discussion on listings of available rescue animals from vetted local shelters to support responsible pet adoption.

Its clear that we need to proceed very carefully. As our plans take shape, well again ask for input from our community. In the meantime, thanks for sharing your views with us.

We did it, we stopped them! :D

SchnauzerGirl
December 19th, 2005, 05:08 PM
:thumbs up