Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Christmas Music?

Prin
December 18th, 2005, 12:05 AM
We discussed favorite movies; now on to music. What are your favorite songs/cds/records for Christmas?

My favorite cds are:
Charlie Brown Christmas (Vince Guaraldi)
Elvis Christmas
Dean Martin Christmas

And songs:
Dean Martin singing Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
Elvis's Here Comes Santa Claus

I don't get the hype about Bing and White Christmas. Dean does it better...

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 18th, 2005, 08:19 AM
I love the one where Big Crosby and David Bowie sing little drummer boy on the xmas special.

Other favorites are Oh Holy Night, I like the dramatic part where it goes "Faaalllll onnn yourrrr kneeeesss and heaarrrr thee angellls vooicees"

I like Charlie Brown version of "Hark the Harald Angels Sing too"

StaceyB
December 18th, 2005, 09:48 AM
I like Christmas but I am not really big on Christmas music.

shannonRN
December 18th, 2005, 10:14 AM
I was going to say just that JECM--I love O Holy Night--just a beautiful song when sung well--->has to be someone who can hit the 'O niiiiiiiiiiiight divine' part though where the vocals suddenly jump up an octave.

Bing, Sinatra, Martin--the classic stuff. No Chirstina Aguilera or trendy stuff for me. I like some of the newer country stuff though--Alan Jackson has some original songs that I think are really good--"Let it be Christmas" for example.

Bushfire2000
December 18th, 2005, 11:22 AM
I adore the Boney M. "the 20 Greatest Christmas Songs" album.
I've had it for years and had to replace it several times.
It's not christmas with out hearing the medly of Mary's Boy Child/Oh My Lord.

Elvis is still King at christmas.:cool:

Prin
December 18th, 2005, 05:49 PM
ooo I forgot about the David Bowie one. That one is great. It's like 8 minutes long.:thumbs up

CyberKitten
December 18th, 2005, 07:06 PM
It is about this time of the year that I get tired of some of the more mundane elevator like Xmas music one hears ad nasueum at way too many places, sigh!

That said, I do not own an Xmas CD's tho I have made one from some PM3's. I do own one Christmas "album - remember those, lol - John Denver's Aspen Chsritams or something like that. I like A Baby Just like You on it. I have sung Silent Night in Gaelic at mass - tho I am not a great singer - a better guitar and piano player than voice!!!!! So I like Enya' version of that and love the Coventry Carrol esp as done by the Rankin Family.

Call me crazy but I love Snoopy's Christmas but then again, I did have a beagle, lol On my CD (I can;t honestly recall all the songs but it if I could make one CD with fav Xmas songs what would they be) and I have Alan Jason's "I Only Want You for Xmas", Faith Hill's song from last yr, the titkle eludes me, Martina McBride's ver of Holy Night, Peter Paul and Mary doing Light One Canadle, a Hannakah song, 2 John Denver songs, (Aspen glow and A Bay just like you), The Andrews Sisters' Sweet Angie The CXmas Tree Angel, a 50's song my cousins in Wash state intro'ed me to, Bing Crosby (White Xmas) - only bec he is some long lost family relative (do I dare admit that, lol?), Jingle Bell Rock, Brenda Lee's Rocking Around the Xmas Tree and Xmas in Killarney as done by the Barra MacNeils. (Maritimes Celtic groups). I forget the others - I even like Feliz Navidad, lol

cpietra16
December 18th, 2005, 07:11 PM
I like the oldies, "White Christmas" and "It's beginning to look alot like Christmas"is my most favorite....jeeeeeesssss..I'm dating myself:D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 19th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Bushfire2000=I adore the Boney M. "the 20 Greatest Christmas Songs" album.
I've had it for years and had to replace it several times.
It's not christmas with out hearing the medly of Mary's Boy Child/Oh My Lord.

I forgot about that one, I love that one too.

jjgeonerd
December 19th, 2005, 02:15 PM
There is no such thing as good Christmas music. ;) Just my opinion though!

BAH HUMBUG!! :D