Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just for fun-What would you do if you won the lottery, 5 million?

StaceyB
December 17th, 2005, 08:51 PM
I know everyone has thought of this, what would you do with the money if you won the lottery?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 17th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Well I would probably quit my job for starters because its not a dream job. I would build an awesome house. With about three fenced acres, a pool, lake front property, a tennis court and a low maintenance landscaped yard. I would also hire a gardner and a pooper scooper for Joey. I would get Joey a girl friend too. I would invest about 2 million dollars too. I would also buy an RV so we can travel accross Canada and down to the states, and a sail boat to sail down the Baja with my family.

I think I just ran out of money now I need a job again.

Prin
December 17th, 2005, 09:42 PM
I'd pay off the mortgage, my student loans, send my man to school, put a foundation and a first floor on our house, build a nice kitchen and a few nice bathrooms, buy a couple of cars and the neighbor's property, and then probably fund somebody's research a little bit... And the rest, I'd sink into realestate. One of my buildings would have to be low-rent apartments for retirees that would be funded by my other buildings.;)

meb999
December 17th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Well, I start by buying a house for everyone in my family. Then buy a huge lot of land and put a nice house on it for us :D
Then I'd shower my bf with gifts (he's amazing -- he's supporting me through school!) and we'd finally be able to get married (he's been asking for awhile, but is patiently waiting for me to finish school -- we've been together 9 years) and we'd have a bunch of babies:p
I would let him quit his job and golf or ski everyday (depending on the season) and I would study the rest of my life (not a full course load, but I rather do enjoy school -- I'd enjoy it even more if there was no pressure for grades and stuff!!)
oooo, and the house I would build would be big enough to allow me to have like 4 or 5 fosters at a time!!

meb999
December 17th, 2005, 10:14 PM
And I would give a huge chunk to rescues (especially Boxer Rescue -- they saved my little stinker-butt!!) and children's charities.

Prin
December 17th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Oh, ya, I forgot- I'd donate 1 million to the Montreal SPCA. Just kidding! I'd give it to people who deserve it.;)

twinmommy
December 17th, 2005, 10:26 PM
QUIT MY SORRYA$$ JOB,

Stay home with my kids FULLTIME!!
Live debt free, both our families too.

Buy a huge chunk of farmland and have lots and lots and lots of fosters.....hell, if I'm a millionaire they can STAY!!!

Frenchy
December 18th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Quit my job,buy a large house on a big land,has to be a small lake on it for the dogs and start my own dog rescue.I would give some to the spcas and other rescues and Montreal Children's hospital.Ah,and give some to my family too!

BMDLuver
December 18th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Pay off the mortgage, pay the bills all off then take the balance and build the most state of the art SPCA this province has ever seen!

maddoxies
December 18th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Pay off my bills, hire help for my 90 yr old mother (ie security company to sit in the driveway all night), help some other family members, go in with BDM Lover on the SPCA thing and get a nice piece of land where can build 2 homes. Have a couple (friends) live in the 2nd house. Together we can operate large and small animal sanctuary, get reliable vehicle and quit my job
Bank the rest to support the sanctuary, other charities

AliSam
December 19th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Pay off bills first and foremost. Pay off my Dad's mortgage and then buy myself another house (around the same size as my current one 1600 sq ft) on a huge a$$ piece of property. Landscape, upgrade & decorate to my liking. If any money left, buy a brand new car or SUV (I have never had a new car in my life - they have all been purchased used).

Luvmypit
December 19th, 2005, 02:43 PM
I would pay off my mortgage. Buy two nice new cars. Do all reno's that I have dreamed of doing to my house. Buy a cottage in Muskoka on a large peice of land. Buy an RV to travel Canada. Put at least 500,000 into charities. Build, open and operate an ice rink and hockey program with all equipment for under privledged youth in Scarborough. Maybe my old neighbourhood in Melvern or the Regent park area. Oh and I would quit quit quit my job. I would call work before I would call my mother..... I QUIT!

Ahh to dream.....

poodletalk
December 21st, 2005, 02:15 PM
I would buy a waterfront cobblestone house, (where you can swim in the water). The house would have acres of land, where I would rescue horses from horse slaughter and dogs. In my barn where the horses would be, I would have couple of sterilized feral and semi feral cats. (Obviously, I would also need to hire expereinced staff to help run my horse rescue) I would also buy a wine color liberty jeep! With the rest of the money, I would invest it.

BoxerRescueMTL
December 21st, 2005, 02:43 PM
Pay off house, build an SPCA where things are done right, ie http://www.nsalamerica.org/ and http://www.sfspca.org/home.shtml

papillonmama
December 23rd, 2005, 11:03 PM
Ooh, it's more this time, I would buy a home in the country, buy a car so I could leave that home whenever I wanted, pay for my hubby's car so he could leave whenever he wanted. I would maybe start my own business. Maybe even have a rescue for dogs cats and farm animals.

And realistically, I would have to pay my debts, but that's not that much, so I would still have quite a bit to play with.

Besides all that stuff, I'm sure I could spend the money in a breeze, nice restaraunts, nice clothes for me and the kids, large purchase toys, it's like it just disappears. I'm almost sad thinking of how fast it would go.

Bushfire2000
December 23rd, 2005, 11:39 PM
Well first I'd buy a new truck for my husband, one of those loaded to the max Dodge quad cabs. Then one for me.
Take a really great trip, Europe, Australia, a cruise.
Then we'd come home build a great Kennel (heated, air conditioned, etc).
Add a few dogs get a few cats (spayed or neutered for the barn)
And then we'd farm until it was gone.