Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Perfume

Shamrock
December 16th, 2005, 02:49 PM
I''m getting my last minute gifts, and am looking for a good perfume for a 17-year old. Her mom said she would like something "light, not too flowery or musky.. kind of clean and sharp. That narrows it down.. lol..

At the counter last night, they all started to smell the same, just left it.. Maybe my "sense of smell" isnt what it once was.:D ..

I'm not a big perfume user, and as such an individual preference, its really a hit-and-miss thing when selecting for another. But then so are many gifts.:rolleyes:

Back to the mall today to get my last couple of items

Was wondering though if anyone could reccomend a choice that might fit this bill? A popular current perfume that a teen might like?

papillonmama
December 16th, 2005, 03:04 PM
I don't know how much you were wanting to spend, but there was one that I like, it's a Davidoff, don't quote me, but I'mpretty sure it was Coolwater for women, ,I don't use much perfume either, and I personally like strawberry and vanilla from the body shop. But I remember the smell of the Davidoff stuff was like waking up to freshness, I can't explain it. It was just nice.:)

StaceyB
December 16th, 2005, 03:17 PM
How about body shop perfume. Vanilla, Satsuma(orange), Strawberry, White musk, etc.

badger
December 16th, 2005, 03:24 PM
L'Air du Temps is very pretty and available at the drugstore. Way back when, alot of girls had 'Blue Grass' (Eliz. Arden) as their 'first perfume'. I was at the Body Shop the other day and they have lots of perfume-y things, including scented lotions, which are nice in the winter.

StaceyB
December 16th, 2005, 03:26 PM
I am sensitive to some perfume scents and I don't like the flowery or really musky ones so I just wear Body shop. All but the strawberry that I listed.

jawert1
December 16th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Clinique's Happy is a nice light scent, but the Body Shop has a wonderful vanilla that's just to die for :)

jessi76
December 16th, 2005, 03:51 PM
any scent will smell differently on each person - due to your own body scent. Instead of trying to find one that she'll possibly like, or will be right for her, why not get her a gift certificate to a store that has a good variety?

Shamrock
December 16th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Thanks very much for your suggestions! I think the Body Shop sounds like my best bet., will try there.
I'd rather present her with an actual "gift", but if I still cant decide - a gift certificate for there will do the trick.

Appreciate you input! Off to tackle the crowds.

btw, this is off -topic, but..the parking thing we know is a nightmare at this time of year.We all have to deal with cruising around, looking for a spot.

What gives some people the gall to think that its "ok" to take up a handicapped spot? If you dont have a sticker.. you have no right to be there!:evil:

Prin
December 17th, 2005, 01:03 AM
I know! My ex from England used to laugh at us- he'd say, "You all spend more time looking for a spot close to the door than you would spend walking from the farthest spot in the whole lot"... It's true, but hey, it's fricken cold!:D