Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog OWNERS are EVIL

mummummum
December 16th, 2005, 09:34 AM
I need to indulge myself in some "emoticon therapy" - excuse me for a moment while I rant: :mad: :evil: :( :mad: :evil: :evil: :eek: :mad: - thank you, I just wish I and my grrrrls felt better. There are dawg-people and then there are dog owners. And in my experience dog owners are generally an ignorant, self-righteous, arrogant group of MORONS who should require a year of personal training before being permitted to have an animal of any kind. Last night, my SIX year old grrrls were attacked for the TWELFTH time (another bite for poor Ceili) by a dog of a dog-owner. "Oh, sorrry...I didn't know you were here or I wouldn't have let her off-lead. Is she okaayyyyy?" "NO, she's NOT okay - WE'RE not OKAY. I have to pay NINETY DOLLARS an hour for therapy because my grrrrls have gone from sweet-tempered, love-everybody and everything to defense-aggressors. And this is the SECOND time your %^&$# dog has attacked mine. WHAT IS IT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND - YOU and YOUR DOG NEED HELP and a MUZZLE and a LEASH !!!!!!!". Arrrrgggghhh. Thanks - now, I feel better. Time to find out where he lives and call Animal Services - maybe they will give me a gift certificate for my next licence - you know "Most Frequent Customer" points or something.

lezzpezz
December 16th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Find out the address, and call the authorities. This is rediculous. I feel badly for you and your dogs.....it is owners like that that think they are above the law, that give us dawg owners a bad rap!

The law is the law and if the guy repeatedly breaks it, he needs to be repeatedly ticketed and then MAYBE, just maybe, he might figure out that he is not holier-than-thou and get his act together.

Sometimes a good legal kick in the pants is what it takes to wake some folks up. Time to take the gloves off......;)

BernerLver
December 16th, 2005, 10:46 AM
I just wanted to say :sorry: that you and your girls are the ones who ultimately have to suffer due to the ignorance of people like this.

I have seen this in my own neighborhood, people who seem to want to own and dog but do nothing more than give it food and a place to go to the bathroom.

I hope you get some justice in this situation.

jawert1
December 16th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Mum I know exactly what you mean, my Simon snatched and shook a Bichon that was off leash and being aggressive. Sadly your grrrls are being picked on by a bigger dog and his irresponsible owner, and you're left to pick up the pieces :(

jessi76
December 16th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Last night, my SIX year old grrrls were attacked for the TWELFTH time (another bite for poor Ceili) by a dog of a dog-owner.

And this is the SECOND time your %^&$# dog has attacked mine.

I'm truly sorry your dog was hurt, and I sincerely hope she fully recovers, physically & mentally... however, this is the 12th time she's been attacked, and the 2nd time from this particular dog, something should of been done a long time ago.

I hope you have a serious talk with this dog owner, have them pay the bills, and contact the proper authorities... to avoid attack #3 (or #13).

Perhaps you should keep your dog out of that particular area? If my dog was attacked numerous times, you can bet I wouldn't be taking him or walking him through that area again. It's not fair, but it's for your dog's safety.

Prin
December 16th, 2005, 02:23 PM
I would definitely file a police report. Definitely.:sorry:

Bushfire2000
December 16th, 2005, 03:00 PM
:sorry: I feel so sorry for your girls it's just not fair!!

mummummum
December 16th, 2005, 09:06 PM
I'm truly sorry your dog was hurt, and I sincerely hope she fully recovers, physically & mentally... however, this is the 12th time she's been attacked, and the 2nd time from this particular dog, something should of been done a long time ago.

I hope you have a serious talk with this dog owner, have them pay the bills, and contact the proper authorities... to avoid attack #3 (or #13).

Perhaps you should keep your dog out of that particular area? If my dog was attacked numerous times, you can bet I wouldn't be taking him or walking him through that area again. It's not fair, but it's for your dog's safety.

Unfortunately, we have some very rich but very IGNORANT dog owners in my neighbourhood. Prior to these last two attacks the grrrls have been the victims of two pairs of dogs (GSD's and Golden Retriever's) whose owners are completely irresponsible and have leash AND muzzle orders which they completely ignore. Animal Services attends warns, fines and orders them to comply - they don't care, they're rich, pay the fines and laugh it off. These attacks have happened on the streets in my neighbourhood - not a park or I wouldn't be going there again - and have happened at 6 am, 11 pm etc. - the GSD's have actually crossed three lanes of traffic on a BUSY roadway to get at us. Luckily this time, Ceili wasn't hurt beyond a little blood but she got it in the hinds and with her dysplasia - we're one pounce away from complete dislocation. I guess it's time for Mumsy to get the night-vision goggles and full body armour. The dog owner (he may be becoming a dog person) has agreed to full-time leashing, muzzle if necessary, obedience training and a therapist - OUR therapist/ trainer - so if he reneges, I'll know about it. And, I did let Animal Services know. Thanks for all your concern, hopefully this hasn't set our therapy back TOO far - only time will tell. Meantime - anybody have a pair of nightvision goggles I can borrow ?:rolleyes:

Lucky Rescue
December 16th, 2005, 11:18 PM
I SO know what you mean. This has happened to me and my Chloe many times. The latest was a Lab who chased us across the street and into traffic while his stupid owner stood there yelling at me not to move!! Like it would be my fault if his dog were to be hit by a car.:mad:

I don't think most owners are evil. I think they are ignorant, irresponsible, inconsiderate and uneducated. Same results though!!

Have you thought of carrying pepper spray or even lemon juice in a squirt gun? A cane might be good too.

In the meantime, keep calling the police about these loose and aggressive dogs.

I really feel for you!!!

meb999
December 19th, 2005, 07:20 AM
OMG!! that's AWFULL!!!