Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my cat grooms me!?!?

heather331
December 15th, 2005, 11:27 PM
One of my cats will get on my pillow while i am sleeping and lick and bite my hair. she will also do this if i am sitting on the couch. she will get on the back of the couch and lick my hair. i am afraid that she will eat some so i usually make her stop. does anyone else have cats that do this? i guess she thinks i need a bath :sad:

Prin
December 16th, 2005, 03:04 AM
Yeah, maybe she'd like to lay in your hair but the smell is just overwhelmingly not hers...:D

StinkyT
December 16th, 2005, 10:11 AM
That's how my first cat used to wake me up when she was a kitten. She'd perched by my head and eat/lick my hair. I'd try shooing her away and roll over to sleep some more but she was persistent. I guess it tasted so good she eventually tried eating my scalp.

I woke up more than a few times screaming from her sharp teeth clamping down on my scalp. She never drew blood but holy cow did it hurt!! Thank goodness she grew out of that!

monman
December 16th, 2005, 11:49 AM
It's love. I get that from my 2 all the time. They like to sleep tucked in the crook of my bent arm. Keeps me warm in the winter. :)

Shamrock
December 16th, 2005, 04:09 PM
One of my cats does this as well, purring the whole time. It's an endearing thing.
He gradually becomes a bit over-zealous, though. The claws in the scalp to "hold my head in place" can be a rude awakening.:eek:

jessi76
December 16th, 2005, 04:20 PM
My cats do it too - my older one is my "stylist" - if I put my head down to her she will "do my hair". My younger one is a bit of a snuggle-monster... she will knead my head and my hair, then smoosh her nose into my ear, drooling, kneading & purring loudly the whole time. It's definately a lovey-dovey thing.