Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Here comes the snow!

Prin
December 15th, 2005, 05:02 PM
It's gonna snow 30 cm here in Montreal between tonight and tomorrow night! Wooooo!! (I just hope people can make it to my dinner tomorrow night...:eek: )

Woooooooo!

Shamrock
December 15th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Wow, that is quite a drop! :eek: At least, by West Coast standards..

Good luck with your dinner party, Prin, I'm sure it will all turn out fabulous!
I believe Easterners' are more adept at getting around in the snow
-.unlike here.. where a few cms paralyzes the city:D
Hopefullly all your guests willl come.

Prin
December 15th, 2005, 05:45 PM
It's weird, this year, Montreal seems to be caught by surprise about the snow every time. I don't understand what's going on. In the last little storm, people still didn't have their winters on yet- even I did for pete's sake! So far near here, I've seen 3 cars flipped over in the ditch, just on the back roads.

Wake up people! A storm's coming! Get your shovels ready! You have about 10 hours notice, so don't wake up in shock!:D

(thanks Shamrock...:o)

Prin
December 16th, 2005, 03:11 AM
ooooo it's starting!!! hee hee!:crazy:

technodoll
December 16th, 2005, 10:47 AM
ok this is not funny anymore. i fell on my @ss trying to get from my building to the sidewalk (what stairs? only a hump of snow) and couldn't even open my car door, which was cemented in from the snow and Mr Snowplow! you're blinded by the ice flakes that are blown into your eyes and while you stand there trying to get your bearings and suck air into your lungs, the little sidewalk snowplows run you over and make you dive head-first into the nearest snowbank to avoid getting crushed!

god i hate winter!!! no parking anywhere for the next week, it's gonna be HELL to travel and of course lots of xmas shopping to do, still. i wanna cry! :mad: :mad: :sick: :mad:

cpietra16
December 16th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Prin, I agree, The snow is great. I have been on Vancouver Island for 17 years so this is really refreshing. I take this over rainy days any day...well Ok I could do without the bitter cold. I had my poor kids outside waiting for the bus at 7:45 until a neighbour took pity and told me that schools are closed:eek: She saw the kids out but didn't say anything until I realized that the bus was 1/2 late.:confused: I guess she does hate my 3 kids, 3 cats and 1 dog..and the fact that I still feed the squirrels :angel: when she told me that it was dangerous for my kids health:confused:

BMDLuver
December 16th, 2005, 11:24 AM
My Dog there's a ton of snow out there! :D The dogs are having an absolute blast in it. My kids are desperate to go out and play in it but I think they might disappear it's so deep. I don't remember this much snow in a long time, gotta love it! Of course, I didn't have to go anywhere today so that makes it kind of easy... poor folks who had to trudge out in it this morning. :eek:

Lucky Rescue
December 16th, 2005, 11:55 AM
I think it's going to be more than 30cm.:sad:

I am SO grateful I no longer have to travel downtown every day in this weather.:D Yay! These storms are so much prettier when you see them from inside!

Chloe is obviously thinking "You expect ME to go out in THAT???? Dream on..."

Bushfire2000
December 16th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Hi it's been snowing here for hours but it just blows by. Love the prairies! Could lose the wind though.

StaceyB
December 16th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Some idiot has just made a huge pile of snow in the middle of my parking lot covering about 8 parking spaces. You would have thought he would have pushed it onto the grass area, but no that would have been to simple. Now the idiot has to move the huge snow pile.

Frenchy
December 16th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Ouf,I've been shoveling snow for the past hour 1/2 just to make paths for the dogs to walk a bit!They is way tooo much snow for them to play.I had to come back inside before I have a heart attack!But I have to go back,still can't see my car in the driveway and nobody can get in the house by the front door!I am so glad I took the day off.I called my office and they is a lot of people that stayed home.It will be a white Christmas.

BMDLuver
December 16th, 2005, 02:27 PM
argh, going out to shovel now.... can no longer see my vehicle but for the roof... definitely a white christmas unless it rains! :thumbs up

Prin
December 16th, 2005, 02:30 PM
You guys are funny! It's so different on my end. We've gotten over 2 feet so far in Laval and I love it. Jemma and Boo played outside for over an hour non-stop. Jemma is too short so she has to either hop through the snow or swim through it- either way it's hilarious. They didn't want to come in after. :love:

cpietra, you have to listen to CJAD on snowy days (800AM) they have the school closings on the radio and on their website. It's tradition here to sit glued to the radio after a big snowfall with your fingers crossed...:D

I don't think I'll ever complain about shoveling a driveway ever again. We lived on a crazy busy street before and parking was hell. You had to shovel your car out after everybody else shoveled their snow onto your car too, and then you leave and come back only to have to shovel your way in to another spot, if you're lucky enough to find one. No way, I don't miss that. Now you shovel your driveway once, nobody steals it when you're away and you always have somewhere ticket-free to park.:thumbs up

t.pettet
December 16th, 2005, 03:02 PM
After losing 2 of my 4 dogs in the deep snow and having to rescue them while still in pjs, shovelled a maze this a.m. in the fenced back yard with connecting paths and they had a ball, hiding around snowbanks, performing sneak attacks on each other, chasing a beach ball . Joe and Tiffy the tiniest ones (6 & 8 lbs.) ran about 12 laps, darting and sliding into the banks and each other. Now I'm ready for a chiropractor, found the snow really wet and heavy but it was worth it for the entertainment value.

maddoxies
December 16th, 2005, 03:16 PM
I have to park on the street. So far I have dug my car out 3 times today.

BMDLuver: Keep that emergency chiro number handy that you gave me before!! Of course, it is impossible to go anywhere today.

It is official, Heidi Ho Ho HATES winter. I bundled her up in her snowsuit, put socks on her rear paws, put on her ear snuggler AND bundled her up in a blanket. She curled up her lip and shivered the entire time we were outside. Valentin on the other hand had a blast. All he had on was his coat. Someone, who shall remain nameless (but has the initial H.H.H.), chewed the velcro strap off of one of Valentin's boots. Valentin spent all his time rubbing his head in snowbanks until I took his ear snugglers off. Then he was a happy camper. Weird dachshund, who LOVES snow!!!:pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint:

I am glad that I planned ahead and brought work home with me last night. At least I can get something productive done today (besides digging out my car every hour) rather than burn gas sitting on the Met.:thumbs up

Now I just have to get my Christmas shopping finished (ahhh, rather started :yuck: )

Shamrock
December 16th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Wow, you really got hit! I am a bit envious of the white Christmas that seems to be in the cards for you all.
Its such a novelty here in Vancouver, and snow for the holidays very rare.
I forgot how much work and hassle the snow creates though, definitely the down side, and I sure dont envy you that.

Stay safe everyone!

chico2
December 16th, 2005, 04:46 PM
We were supposed to get this HUGE storm,well we got about 10cm...and today the sun was shining,with -1C,beautiful!!
We have a loooong driveway and the snow-blower was the best investment we ever made,hubby cleans the drive-way in 15min.
I pretend I don't know how to start it:D
I clear a path for my cats in the back,but they still only stayed out 2 min..just enough to get kitty-paws all over my floors:D
Now this is the aftermath of a REAL storm...last year.

diandpat
December 16th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Personally I am a huge fan of days like today but then again I had already arranged to only have "home" stuff to do today.

All things being equal I did have to shovel a path off the deck and through the backyard this a.m. for my "big girl" (Ginger is 68 lbs) and my "little man" (Hobo is only 20lbs) would have none of it at all. Good thing too, he probably would have gotten lost! I did manage to get them on a walk around 2 p.m. but the roads were not plowed so it was a little treacherous!

Here is what it looked like at 7 a.m. and by noon the cars in the background had "disappeared". A real "Montreal" winter day...gotta love it!

Inverness
December 16th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Ever seen anything more gorgeous than a Giant Schnauzer full of snow ???

No, no ! I'm not biased at all ! :D

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5129/img08505hg.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/11/img08382lz.jpg

jiorji
December 16th, 2005, 09:42 PM
personally...I totally enjoyed today's weather :D
I was a bit worried that it would be a hassle to get downtown to hand in my assignment, but buses were going pretty well. Well done!:thumbs up

it was warm enough to go for a walk and not worry about frost bites while enjoying the snow.

I saw lots of happy "first time in the snow" puppies. I love looking for pawprints in the snow hehe:p
I wish I could take my cat for a walk in the snow. I offered to open the window for her so she can look outside, but she wouldn't have any of it! Went right back under the couch to sleep away the day. She hopes that tomorrow when she wakes up there'll be sunshine and lots of birdies sitting by the window :D

Prin
December 17th, 2005, 01:50 AM
I shoveled snow onto Jemma and Boo and they just stood there. It was really funny. You could heap in on them and they won't move. Of course it was light fluffy snow, but if they were humans, I would have ended up with a snow job for sure. :evil:

chico2
December 17th, 2005, 08:35 AM
jiorji,depending on where you live(apt,house?)get a birdfeeder outside your window,it will keep your kitties happy all winter:D

CyberKitten
December 17th, 2005, 08:45 AM
In my younger days - which is not to suggest I am old now - I did not mind snow so much. Now I am coming to hate the stuff, ughhhhhhhhh!! So does YY, here is her reaction -

chico2
December 17th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Vinnie does not mind the snow(for 5 min:D )here he is perfectly disguised in the snow last year..

StaceyB
December 17th, 2005, 09:41 AM
What neat eyes.

jiorji
December 18th, 2005, 01:50 AM
jiorji,depending on where you live(apt,house?)get a birdfeeder outside your window,it will keep your kitties happy all winter:D

yeah that would be a good idea. hehe