Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Longueuil stolen doxie

maddoxies
December 15th, 2005, 02:22 PM
The car was broken into Dec 10 in Longueuil and a blue harlequin mini dachshund (teckel) was stolen.

Contact chien_perdu@hotmail.com if you have seen a dachshund of this rare colouring. Reward offered.

I am trying to post the photo forwarded to me.

Lucky Rescue
December 15th, 2005, 02:38 PM
IF you can't post the pic, send it to me and I'll do it.

maddoxies
December 16th, 2005, 02:21 PM
I have sent it to you Lucky. Hope it works, Hotmail has been giving me grief these past few days

SnowDancer
December 17th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Please keep us posted. Frankly I am very concerned that this dog will be taken out of the area as he would be too easily recognized. Very unusually coloured Dachshunds come at a very high price. My little dapple had extremely unusual colouring - not to the extent of this little guy, but enough that he attracted way too much attention and offers to breed (guess people didn't look at what as missing).

maddoxies
December 17th, 2005, 07:36 PM
I am happy to report that this little girl has been found.

A couple found her shivering in the snow and saw the posters, so Roxy has been returned home. :)

Very scary; she was stolen from a locked car.

SnowDancer
December 18th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Very good news. I figured she would be across the border by now. Wonder if person who stole her noticed a spaying scar or something. Can't think of any reason why someone would break into a car to specifically steal a rare breed of dog and then dump her. Sure they break into the car to steal parcels, CD players etc. - and unfortunately if there is a dog in the car he/she often gets out. But if only dog is taken, and then dumped, that is very strange. Unless the pup jumped out when Mom or Dad did and they didn't notice and they locked the car???? Anyway, glad she is safe.

maddoxies
December 18th, 2005, 12:01 PM
She was definately stolen, the car window was smashed and door lock broken. Either they figured she was spayed, or she may have wiggled away. Either way, everyone is SO relieved she is home again. The posters did the trick, when she was found, people knew who to call :thumbs up

chico2
December 18th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Great news Goldengirl! Thank's!

SnowDancer
December 18th, 2005, 04:39 PM
With all of the snow and cold I bet you she is snuggled under 5 blankets - wrapped like a sausage - and making sure she is fed appropriate welcome home treats.