Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sick German Sheppard Puppy

Leanne
October 1st, 2003, 08:21 PM
A friend of mine recently got a German Sheppard/Lab puppy. He is about 7 weeks old, he has been throwing up little bit since they got got him. He eats all of his food when given to him and he drinks water.

He has eaten some cat food but I don't know if that would do it? He threw up 15 time yesterday and today he hasn't touch any cat food and has not thrown up.

They took him to a vet today and he said it was some rare disease that German Sheppards get. When they asked what to do he suggested that he would put him to sleep. They asked what else and he said try this food and some sort of pill(not sure what it was).

Does anyone know of some rare disease that would cause this and do you think a second opinion is in order?

Hope for your help

BrentDMcCaw
October 4th, 2003, 08:53 PM
I have recently got a German Sheppard puppy (9 weeks old) ... she has been vommitting.

I do not know if this is a common problem with Sheppards but I am trying to determine that now. What I have found so far is that she has Esophageal Deverticullium (excuse spelling if wrong). This was diagnosed quite easily with a barium test. The problem is the vets are not sure if this is the problem or this is an underlying problem causing the condition.

At this point I do not know if putting her to sleep is the best solution.