Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pictures of Joey I took today

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 14th, 2005, 02:26 PM
This is Joey in the bathtub, he is so good in the tub he just sits there and lets you wash him. Unfortunatley my camera died right after I took this pic, so we missed out on the zoomie pics.

StaceyB
December 14th, 2005, 02:28 PM
That is very cute. It reminds me of the pics we take of our kids when they are in the tub.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 14th, 2005, 02:29 PM
This was Joey and his cat friend that lives in the neighbourhood. The kitty always runs out to greet Joey everytime we walk by.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 14th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Here they are again. I wish I knew who that cat belonged too, poor guy or girl is outside all the time. I even see him on my five am walks with Joey.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 14th, 2005, 02:46 PM
I had to do one more hope know one minds.

cpietra16
December 14th, 2005, 03:00 PM
LOoks like the cat is craving some attention. I hope she/he gets to go inside...it looks cold.

jawert1
December 14th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Poor baby, it's too cold to be outside! On a side note, the red eye in the first pic of Joey in the tub is priceless. We need to start a thread devoted to that sort of thing (seeing that Prin usually kicks it off :P)

shannonRN
December 14th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Yeah, the red eye really adds to the "get me the h*ll out of this tub" look.

It reminds me of the pics we take of our kids when they are in the tub.
Except you can't use these to embarass him when he grows up ;)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 14th, 2005, 03:22 PM
When Joey gets upset or is stressed his eyes glow red.

Actually I tried using the red eye removal has they were really red, it lessened it but it didnt take it out completely.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 14th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Joey is thinking

Why are standing there with that camera, get me out now, can't see the waters dirty, I guess now your gonna post this on pets.ca for all your online doggie friends to see, nice real nice.

StaceyB
December 14th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Excuse me, do you mind not looking.

Do you really have to take a picture right now

jawert1
December 14th, 2005, 03:53 PM
"I'm so running right to your bed while soaking wet and using your sheets to dry off in"

:D

Prin
December 14th, 2005, 03:57 PM
LOL he's got that "ha ha very funny" sarcastic look.
More! You think this is too many? We've been waiting how long for these pics and you only post three? ***tapping foot with arms folded***

We need to start a thread devoted to that sort of thing (seeing that Prin usually kicks it off :P)LOL Not this time.. I don't have hands left to take bath pics.:D My babies had baths two nights ago at around 3 AM but no pics. Boo is horrible in the tub. I need one of those hooks on the wall to tie him to- I spend all my energy holding him up and in the tub (he's 90 lbs). Lucky for me tubs are slippery... But all you luckier ones with easy doggies will have to start.. wait a minute! There is a thread out there called "official bath time thread"... I think... Here! (it's not an "official" one though..:D http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=18953&highlight=bath+time

shannonRN
December 14th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Was there a specific reason for a 3am bath, or were you hoping the doggies would be sleepy and put up less of a fight???

Bath time is a challenge around here too. Rommel sneaked past me during his last bath and let me tell you--a medium coated 100+ lb GSD holds a lot of water in his fur :eek:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 14th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Prin,
More! You think this is too many? We've been waiting how long for these pics and you only post three? ***tapping foot with arms folded***

Okay. okay here is another dog and kitty pic, I didnt think it turned out so well as I cut half off Joey out.

Prin
December 14th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Was there a specific reason for a 3am bath, or were you hoping the doggies would be sleepy and put up less of a fight???
I figured since it was super freezing outside, it was better if they were wet at night when they didn't want to go out at all than in the daytime, when they go out every few hours. I don't know if that's logical or not, but by the time I got my aching muscles out of bed, they were pretty dry...:D It's just hard to keep them off the bed when you're asleep...

And oh, the sneaky ones. Sigh. My old lab used to wait till she was all nice and soapy before trying (successfully) to get around me...

Prin
December 14th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Prin,
Okay. okay here is another dog and kitty pic, I didnt think it turned out so well as I cut half off Joey out.LOL Don't you have a digital camera? Do I have to send you replacement batteries or what? :D I'm just teasin'.:) Cute kitty!:) Oh, wait- there's Joey's face too! I missed that. He's camouflaged against his own body...:o

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 14th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Here is Joey again with his little collection of stuff, that changes daily. I posted these in his the Joey hoarding thread but no one as replied yet. So in case no one saw them here there.

Prin
December 14th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Very cute! I hadn't seen that one yet. I love his curly locks.:)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 14th, 2005, 04:22 PM
One thing about Joey is that he picks up after all of us. :D

shannonRN
December 14th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Too funny. I guess you know where to look when you're out of socks.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 14th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Prin you asked for it here is more of Joey.

"Do I have to keep picking up after these people"

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 14th, 2005, 06:30 PM
"If I have to put this dish back one more time"

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 14th, 2005, 06:31 PM
"Now please if you could just leave things in there place!"

Roxy's_MA
December 14th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Awwww. I love Joey.... Keep em comming!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 14th, 2005, 06:34 PM
This is my favorite toy, I take it on my walk sometimes. My mom doesnt mind carrying it if I drop it. I got her really well trained.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 14th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Okay enough of that camera already please let me out.

Prin
December 14th, 2005, 11:56 PM
He's very cute! Hey, we're giving you permission to brag, here... Nuddin' wrong with that! :D

He looks really cuddly.:)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 15th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Thank you, we think hes cute too. Joey loves to cuddle too. My five year old said that Joey looks like a little dad, its just one of those things that five year olds say but I think I know what he means. Especially with his cleaning up after us. :D

jawert1
December 15th, 2005, 12:17 AM

Bath time is a challenge around here too. Rommel sneaked past me during his last bath and let me tell you--a medium coated 100+ lb GSD holds a lot of water in his fur :eek:

You read my mind shannon :) None of us are usually coherent at that hour!

Simon will go willingly because he doesn't know any better (that and being thin coated in all that lovely warm water...) but Peaches plays like Shamu at Seaworld, and yes, I've had to lock the door since she'll catapult in while I'm in there.

Joey is DARLING, how on earth do you get him to sit still like that for photo ops? I can't get Peach to do it unless she's sacked out or otherwise preoccupied, she always ends up licking the lens

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 15th, 2005, 08:21 AM
jawert1=

Joey is DARLING, how on earth do you get him to sit still like that for photo ops? I can't get Peach to do it unless she's sacked out or otherwise preoccupied, she always ends up licking the lens

well in the bath tub he does it automatically, Joey had a previous owner before us, and she used to put him in shows I am thinking that maybe she taught him to be still in the tub, because he will just stand or sit and let me wash him. Either that or maybe he enjoys it. Other times he just sits, I was actually trying to get some action shots of him, but he would always end up sitting. :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 16th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Here is Joeys head shot, we were actually going for the sleeping thread but he woke up. I also played with the settings in our editing program I ended up having to shrink the pic quite a bit as it said it was to big.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 16th, 2005, 12:19 AM
What do you think is it sort of Andy Warholish?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 16th, 2005, 12:19 AM
By the way I know hes got goobers in his eyes. :o

Prin
December 16th, 2005, 03:03 AM
LOL Andy Warholish... Indeed!

And the goobs, always goobs. Boo has them in every pic even if I clean his eyes right before. :rolleyes:

rivers
December 16th, 2005, 09:27 AM
This thread made me smile today! :D
Joey is quite the character it seems. I love the way he picks up after everyone, and the sock draped over his bed. Too cute.
Thanks for a great thread.

Frenchy
December 16th, 2005, 02:16 PM
I love him!He is soo cute,anytime you need a dogsitter......It could be very expensive to have him fly to Québec.I had a blond cocker spaniel when I was a kid,after his bath,we would tell him;oh poor dog is cold,is Puppy cold? And he would shake "on command" .Don't worry,he wasn't cold,we used to "towel dry" him and he would love the attention.

chico2
December 16th, 2005, 04:57 PM
I've been trying to get a picture of Bailey,not my dogmbut I walk her every day,but she will never be still long enough.
Gosh,my cats are soo much easier to take pics of.
Here's one of Bailey begging for treats across the fence!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 16th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Baily is sweet I would like to get a friend like her for Joey one day.

Oh the cat that is at the beginning of the thread, Joey barked at the front door today my husband opened the front door and he tried to run in the house. If it was me home I probably would have let him. I wish I know who it belonged to I am thinking maybe it could even live in the basement suite next door but I never see anyone there.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 19th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Hey lets check out this pets.ca thread.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 19th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Okay I am not to thrilled with the bath tub picture!!

Prin
December 20th, 2005, 12:36 AM
Is he sitting on your computer chair? He's so expressive.:)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 20th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Yup hes sitting on my computer chair. :D

lm9012
December 20th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I do get that thing about him 'looking like a dad'....he seems very wise!

Albert gets these expressions too sometimes...so pensive...like he's got this complex equation he's solving.....i wish i could catch it on film!

that's why he is named after Einstein!

Love the pics!!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 20th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Here is more of Joey playing with his whale he still has lots of puppy in him even though he is 6 years young.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 20th, 2005, 09:09 PM
this one really belongs in the goofy pics thread.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 20th, 2005, 09:10 PM
He loves his whale, he likes to take it with him when we go out too.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 20th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Stuffies beware when Joe Cocker is around. :D :evil:

Prin
December 21st, 2005, 01:21 AM
Ya, he sort of loses his look of wisdom in that last one... :D