Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Silver Tabbies - Males 2 yrs old - Montreal

BMDLuver
December 14th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Hi, we are two beautiful silver males that were brought in to be euthanized as our owner no longer wanted us. We are very friendly and full of personality. We are two years old. We would love to have a home for the holidays! We are neutered and up to date on vaccinations.

Lucky Rescue
December 14th, 2005, 10:00 AM
OH, they're so beautiful and sweet looking.

A curse on the heartless creep who did this.:mad:

canine14
December 14th, 2005, 11:15 AM
What beautiful cats. True silver tabbies are hard to find. Do they need to be adopted together?

Lucky Rescue
December 14th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Yes, real silver tabbies are not very common.

BMDLuver, do you want me to put them on my 1-800 site? Spread the word..?

Do you know their names?

BMDLuver
December 14th, 2005, 11:36 AM
I named them Mick and Mack.. not very original but I figure whomever adopts them will rename them anyways. It would be nice if they could go together but really, the one on the right, Mack is much more comfortable with himself and would most likely not mind flying solo. Mick's a little more aloof than Mack. Yes, please do circulate as right now they are sitting at my vets office until they find homes as I have a housefull myself. Thanks LR for offering to list them, that would be great.

CyberKitten
December 14th, 2005, 12:03 PM
OMG!! They are just adorable and what a heart breaking story. I loathe the expression a pox on their houses but I think it applies to the so called former "owners" of these beautiful silver tabbies! I wish I was closer - I;d seriosuly consider taking them!! And Mick and Mack are fine Irish names - I have a cousin whose dogs are called Mick and Paddy. Pretty close, lol

BMDLuver
December 14th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Lol, that's the problem CK, I always head Irish first and then I get a francophone call and some of the names they have a devil of a time pronouncing.

chico2
December 14th, 2005, 04:27 PM
I will triple the hex on the heartless moron who wanted them PTS:sad:

Lucky Rescue
December 14th, 2005, 07:12 PM
I always head Irish first and then I get a francophone call and some of the names they have a devil of a time pronouncing.

Me too! My Irish comes out in the names. I called THIS silver tabby "O'Malley" - not a good choice for someone French speaking.:p

BMDLuver
December 14th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Oh, he's gorgeous too! I think my next cat will be a silver tabby of course, that will be after the passing of our resident cat.. which will be some 10 years from now I would think, lol.

Shamrock
December 14th, 2005, 09:43 PM
oh, my gosh.... what beauties all three of these sweethearts are! Silver tabbies are absolutely stunning!

The swine who decided they had to die (at 2!).. there are no words.:mad: .

I got my last cat after a couple who were travelling to Europe decided the solution for what to do with their two beautiful Ragdoll brothers of 2 years was to discard them at a shelter.
They'd had them since kittenhood, they were "wonderful" cats, the guy said.

They had to have planned this extended vacation long in advance, every detail.
Yet THIS was the answer for their devoted companions?
It boggles the mind, these stories....
How can people who act so callously sleep at night?
Where is their conscience?
I always wonder that.....:confused:

Lucky Rescue
December 15th, 2005, 02:35 PM
I"ve got someone who says she thinks these guys are just what she and her hubby have been looking for! Their names are Maggie and Mike. Perfect - all "M" names!:p

I"ll email you the contact info.

CyberKitten
December 15th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Oh gsh, I hope that works out LR!!! I will be thinking good toughts for these guys!! I have a close freind named O'Malley whose son plays hockey and the French announcers occaionally have trouble with the name - they have an easier time with Mallais or Mallet, French names. She has taken to yelling at the PA system , "C'est Mallais avec un O", lol (I am not sure with the din of a hockey rink that they hear her but she tries, :)

BMDLuver
December 18th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Thanks LR, Mick and Mack were adopted together and got to keep their claws! They were really working the adoption I must say... both rolling over, pawing at their new family and rubbing all over. Awesome cats that got the best early Christmas present of a family to call their own! :)

Shamrock
December 18th, 2005, 01:52 PM
What fabulous news this is, BMDluver! :thumbs up
SO great to hear these two lovelies have found a new home together!

Frenchy
December 18th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Wow,that was quick (the adoption) I was just asking myself if I would dare adopt a cat again....I did not name my former cats french names and people had a hard time with this one;my male was called Dweezil! (after kids of Frank Zappa) Congrats to those kittens and their new family.

chico2
December 18th, 2005, 03:45 PM
BMDlover,that's great news,thank's :thumbs up

Lucky Rescue
December 18th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Maggie and Mike took them?? I'm so happy - I've been worrying about these gorgeous boys.

So thrilled I could help!!!:D

BMDLuver
December 18th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Yeppers, Maggie was getting her hair done, so Mike and his Son came to meet me... Maggie called while they were there and was so excited she was like a little kid... hehehe! Thanks a bunch. Amazing how quick an alternate posting helped them!

Lucky Rescue
December 18th, 2005, 04:58 PM
I was just coming to edit my post. Maggie just emailed me - she's concerned since one of them has a "cold".

I advised her about rhino and how most stressed and abandoned cats get it.

Anyone who would take just one of them and leave the other alone in a cage is NOT a good home, so this is my idea of a happy ending!:)

BMDLuver
December 18th, 2005, 06:57 PM
oh dear... as they were at the lachine pound then the vet's office, it's likely they caught rhino however they were both also vaccinated on Saturday morning so it could just be that too.

Lucky Rescue
December 18th, 2005, 08:02 PM
as they were at the lachine pound then the vet's office,

I hope the jerk who dumped them at the pound has a nice Christmas!:mad:

Rhino is pretty inevitable after that amount of stress, but no biggie.

I just wish I could find a home so easily for MY two babies.:(

BMDLuver
December 18th, 2005, 08:21 PM
awwww they are beautiful! This big lug here hasn't found a home yet either and he's a real doll... he thinks he's part dog, lol ... retrieves everything and runs over to show you what he's found all proud of himself.

Prin
December 19th, 2005, 01:18 AM
That guy is beautiful! I love his "soul patch". Very pretty kitty.:)

Shamrock
December 19th, 2005, 01:56 AM
What a lovely boy he is. I cant believe someone hasnt scooped up this sweetie yet.
Is he a Ragdoll, BMDLuver? Or maybe a mix.. The fur appears somewhat shorter, but those blue eyes, and markings are certainly Ragdoll all the way.

He actually looks a LOT like my Zack And the personality sounds very similiar too.
:D

Shamrock
December 19th, 2005, 03:28 AM
Anyone who would take just one of them and leave the other alone in a cage is NOT a good home, so this is my idea of a happy ending!:)

Lucky, I have a question on this?

In Feb. I adopted one of two adult brothers, 2yrs old, (in pic above) from a local SPCA.
Though they had just come in that same day, there was no stipulation that they be adopted together - something that really suprised me. They were actually not even together when I visited, but in seperate cages.. as new arrivals.

I talked to the staff about someone taking both - the ideal scenario. They said though it would be nice to see them placed together.. they more than likely would not be. They could not hold them for a double adoption, turn down available individual homes

I was VERY torn on what to do. Seperation seemed so harsh, I really and truly wanted both.- but felt I couldnt.
With two other cats and a dog at home, hubby was already stating we were maxed out in the pet dept. To bring home not one, but two more?.

I felt awful thinking of them being seperated, which seemed the more likely outcome. But.. I didnt cause this and couldnt prevent it.
I could however offer one a loving forever home.
With this in mind - I adopted one boy.

Back at home I was now worried about the other kitty. I called two days later, now wanting to get him too and just deal with the "complaining" on the homefront. But he was already adopted - a strikingly beautiful cat.
I was very disappointed and have thought of him many times since, wondered how he was doing.

It's a true happy ending when bonded adult cats can be placed together - the way it should be. Lord knows, it's stressful enough being uprooted, displaced and disoriented..

But I do feel I have provided a good forever home for this young adult, where he is loved, safe and well cared for. He is the picture of health, a happy cat.
Though he was naturally stressed at first to be in a stange environment, everything he knew gone....he adjusted very well to our home in what I would consider an average time.

So, my question - is the trauma of sibling seperation something that "most" young cats can adjust to in time, if need be - as they do with the trauma of seperation from the home they knew and the people they loved?

Or is the seperating of bonded adult cats far more serious than either of those?

BMDLuver
December 19th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Shamrock: Zack is what is referred to as a Snowshoe. He has a sister as well but the sister is very shy. The sister needs a quiet relaxed home... Zack needs a busier home as he likes to be entertained.

Your Zack is beautiful... I like the semi long coat!

chico2
December 19th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Beautiful cats,I too cannot believe "the big lug" has not been snapped up,he's a stunner and with personality to boot.
Shamrock,maybe your Zack and him are distant cousins longing to be reunited;)
Lucky,I hope those two sweeties will soon have a forever home:love:

Shamrock
December 19th, 2005, 03:11 PM
BMDLuver... they have the same name too? :)
I'd forgotten about the Snowshoe breed.. very similiar in appearance, but shorter haired.

I hope your Zack and his sweet shy sis find the perfect homes soon. They are jewels, just waiting to be discovered by some lucky family.

Lucky Rescue
December 24th, 2005, 10:57 AM
So, my question - is the trauma of sibling seperation something that "most" young cats can adjust to in time, if need be

Yes, they'll eventually adjust. Some cats are very closely bonded, and in that case we try our best to get them adopted together. Or if one is much shyer and really needs the sibling when they have nothing else to cling to.

Some cats live together but are not bonded at all, so can be separated, and we do adopt them singly in this case.

The SPCA is different and can't afford to turn down a home in order to keep cats together. It's different for us, since our cats are in foster homes and we can wait for the right home.

In the case of Mick and Mack, I personally cannot imagine taking only one and leaving the other behind in a cage, lonely and confused for who knows how long. IF they were in a foster home, it would be different.

Anyway, I just heard from Mick and Mack's adopters, and they are just thrilled with their boyz!!:)