Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Found in Toronto

Peppy
December 14th, 2005, 04:55 AM
Hello, I found a dog in Toronto's west end on Tuesday December 13th. The dog weight close to 20 lbs. His body is mostly white with faded black spots throughout his body. He also has a large black area on his back. I think he may be a beagle or some type of terrier cross. He is not neutered and I cannot tell the age of the dog. His face looks like he may be older. His face is black and brown. If this is your dog, please contact Sil at peppy@rogers.com . The dog looks very skinny and I can feel it's ribs, he also tries to avoid putting weight on his front paw, possible frost bit. Today is Wednesday December 14th and I have a full day at work so I cannot bring him into a vet. The dog is spraying all around my house, probably trying to mark his territory. I don't know how much longer my dog, Peppy, will enjoy his company. Any more suggestions????

ScottC
December 14th, 2005, 11:00 AM
416-338-paws

there are 5 shelters in toronto and anyone who has lost a dog usually (if they want it back) will call the animal shelters (or go there) and fill out a lost animal report with a description of the pet.

they will also come to your house and pick up the animal.

they hold the animals for 5 days and if they are not claimed then they put them up for adoption (I don't know how long they keep the animals up for adoption before they would put one down)

Also, there is the Toronto Humane Society and Missassauga Humane Societies that also take lost and found reports

lma1524
December 14th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Hello, I found a dog in Toronto's west end on Tuesday December 13th. The dog weight close to 20 lbs. His body is mostly white with faded black spots throughout his body. He also has a large black area on his back. I think he may be a beagle or some type of terrier cross. He is not neutered and I cannot tell the age of the dog. His face looks like he may be older. His face is black and brown. If this is your dog, please contact Sil at peppy@rogers.com . The dog looks very skinny and I can feel it's ribs, he also tries to avoid putting weight on his front paw, possible frost bit. Today is Wednesday December 14th and I have a full day at work so I cannot bring him into a vet. The dog is spraying all around my house, probably trying to mark his territory. I don't know how much longer my dog, Peppy, will enjoy his company. Any more suggestions????

It's nice that you took the dog in. Petfinder.com has hundreds of rescues that might help you. Of course Toronto Humane posts to all other animal services for lost or found dogs. You have to be careful with the dog flu showing up here and there and for fleas etc., from this poor creature getting onto your own dog. If you are to keep him for a while until a home is found a good bath is recommended and trip to the vet. Perhaps someone can lend you a crate to stop him from marking in the meantime. You can also post on strays.ca they have a lost and found site and adpost.com Good luck

Peppy
December 14th, 2005, 09:16 PM
:thumbs up

Hello Everybody who responded to my post. I have good news to report. I found a picture of a dog this morning on a humane society website that matched the dog I found. I was able to return the dog to his owner this afternoon. They were very happy!! They thought Sleepy had died and were very thankful for our hospitality. Now I just need to do some major disinfecting as Sleepy did some major marking around my home the last 2 days and I can't have my dog Peppy getting any ideas.