Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Natural Answer dog food?

JJC
December 14th, 2005, 12:49 AM
Anyone hear of this pet food company? I've had to switch Tosa to a new food as she developed an allergy to Nutro Ultra. I picked this new food up at a local holistic pet supply store and this is what they recommended. The actual name of the food is Simply Natural made by Natural Answer pet foods Inc. It is a duck and potato formula and supposed to be allergy free.

The first few ingredients are Duck meal, Potatoes, Duck, Potato fiber, Canola oil, Dehydrated potatoes, Diacalcium phosphate, Olive oil, Flax seed, Rosemary, Sage, Potassium chloride, Calcium carbonate, Choline chloride, Zinc oxide, Zinc amino acid chelate, Iron sulfate, followed by many vitamins and probiotics.

I can't seem to find any info on the company on any searches. What do you guys think? Sound healthy?

Prin
December 14th, 2005, 12:57 AM
It's ok, but keep in mind when they break down an ingredient like they do for potatoes, it's because there are a lot of potatoes in there (probably the first ingredient by far).

Prin
December 14th, 2005, 01:02 AM
Their website is dead but I found an address and phone #:
Natural Answers Pet Foods Inc.
P.O. Box 615
Loma Linda, CA 92354
1 (877) 826 -7937
FAX 1 (909) 796 - 3595
From here: http://www.doberdogs.com/premium.html

vfrohloff
January 4th, 2006, 11:46 AM
I agree with Prin, there are a lot of potatoes in there. I'm not too sure about the nutritional value of potaoes, but I don't think it's great.