Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Advice, reassurance... something. Is my little puppy growing up too fast???

Jenmlf
December 13th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Hi all:

So my 14 week old little puppy was... uhhum... humping his toy and well I picked him up cause he was being a little agressive and well he has something coming out of his pee pee (yes I know what it is:crazy: ). I was very disturbed, taken aback, something like that. Isn't he much too young to be experiencing such adult things? When I picked him up I definately wasn't expecting to see anything like that at all.... If it helps he is a Shih tzu/Maltese and like I said, 14 weeks. I was told that he should get nutered at 6 months, would this little event mean we should get him done sooner? I guess the feeling I have is like what a first time mother gets when she finds out her little boy isn't much of a little boy anymore. He is still a puppy and always will be my baby (the dog that is). Haha sorry just trying to convince myself. Any help, advice, reassurance you can give me will be greatly apprechited!

Thanks,
Jen:confused:

heather331
December 13th, 2005, 11:43 PM
at least he is a boy. my puppy is a girl and is doing this. but it is totally normal. thats what i was told.

Prin
December 14th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Nah, nothing to worry about- it's all natural.:D But I hope he never exhibits that behavior to you, other people or other doggies. It's dominant behavior and if it transfers from the toy up to other beings, it could eventually get dangerous and out of hand. If you're not sure, it might be a good step to get him enrolled in obedience classes just to be sure (it's easier to fix when they're younger and smaller).