Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Joeysmama

rivers
December 13th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Joeysmama, have you decided on a name for your pup yet? I recall a post about coming up with a name. You don't mention his name in your posts...just curious. :rolleyes:

joeysmama
December 13th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Rivers, aren't you nice to remember? I guess his "real" official name is Cooper. But we still call him the puppy. Like when you have a baby and everyone refers to him as the baby until the next one comes along? :)

He does answer to Cooper though. I just feel riddled with guilt because my son wanted to call him Bailey but he's not home so my husband just started in calling him Cooper. Doesn't seem fair since my daughter gave Joey his name my son should get a pick too shouldn't he? Well I'm hoping my husband will say yes to a rescue in the spring and then my boy can choose the name.

Bushfire2000
December 13th, 2005, 10:19 AM
"Cooper" cool name.
One of our pups came with the name "Cocoa" not my favorite but when I asked my sons what to call her they thought "Junior junior" or "Lacey Jr" would be good I told them that because Cocoa was used to her name we should keep it. The confusion Junior would have caused boggles my mind.

rivers
December 13th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Cooper is a great name. How old is your son? If he is all grown up and has moved out of the house (just guessing here), then you don't need to feel guilty about naming the pup yourself.

We had neighbours that got a puppy that was just a brown ball of fur, and it used to escape from their yard and run to our place. My sons would play with it for hours, and when exhausted, I would take the poor pup home again. (the owners knew he was with us). Anyway, my 2 boys re-named the puppy 'Bouncy-Puppy'. Very apt.

I thought about calling our new pup that name, but it didn't suit her! She didn't bounce. haha