Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppies, puppies, puppies

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 13th, 2005, 12:02 AM
I was just checking out pet finders. I couldnt believe the number of puppies at one shelter. If only these people had spayed and neutured there dogs. Instead they decided not to for what ever reason and now more homes need to be found for these pups.

http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=1&pet.Shelterid=BC87&sort=pet.Breed&pet.Animal=Dog&preview=1

meb999
December 13th, 2005, 12:59 AM
People suck!

On the bright side : it's alot easier to find homes for puppies than for senior dogs, so I don't think those guys'll have a rough time finding homes....

Did you see the Boxer X Great danes?? Those are my 2 FAVORITE breeds...I want one I want one!!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 13th, 2005, 01:10 AM
On the bright side : it's alot easier to find homes for puppies than for senior dogs, so I don't think those guys'll have a rough time finding homes....

meb999

I know but, but then it means that senior dogs may not find a home as people would choose a puppy. I think if we got a second dog it would be an adult.

meb999
December 13th, 2005, 01:17 AM
yup, you're right!

WhenI adopted Buster he was 1 and 1/2 -- and although it makes me sad I didn't get to see him as a puppy, I'm thrilled with our decision to rescue.
And If my bf would let me have a second dog, I would like to rescue a senior for sure!
I see Crystal's (the founder of Boxer Rescue Québec -- she posts under 'BoxerRescueMTL') 2 rescues (who are senior dogs -- Olive and Dudley) and I'm in love with them. Seniors are awesome!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 13th, 2005, 01:25 AM
We got Joey when he was six, We were actually going to get a puppy and were on a waiting list when we were contacted by Joeys owner. We missed the puppy stage too but hes still cute. Even an adult dog is work and requires training, a puppy would be even more work. I would like to get a female rescue english cocker one day but right now we are enjoying Joey all to ourselves.

heather331
December 13th, 2005, 01:30 AM
i'm sorry to interupt but this thread had to do with what i am trying to find. i just recently (like less than an hour ago) a story on this site about a girl giving a speech about animals and using a puppy in her speech that was about spaying and neutering and she witnessed a euthenazia (sp?). i dont remember which category it was under. i checked all and i cant find it. if someone knows what i am talking about please post the link or let me know where it is. i wanted to show my boyfriend. thanks!

heather331
December 13th, 2005, 01:44 AM
nevermind i found it

Prin
December 13th, 2005, 03:03 AM
I'm sad that I didn't see Jemma and Boo and my old dobie as babies, but then I think, don't all black labby-looking mutts or red dobies look very similar as puppies? So I live vicariously through other people with puppies...:D And on the other hand, we didn't know how old Boo was and it turned out he was really, really young (but 75lbs already). He was about 6 months or so, which is young enough for me (he was supposed to be between 1-2 years, already fully grown :rolleyes: )

But seeing Jemma with blue eyes as a puppy must have been special. (But not special enough for her first 3 owners to have kept her in the first 6 months of her life...:mad: )

All that to say, I'm glad I have my doggies, no matter what age they were when I got them. I wouldn't trade them for the world.:)

Hey, isn't the airdale/dobie mix another breed? I swear there's a breed with those markings... Airdale/dobie mix (http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=5431482&adTarget=&SessionID=439e806d48b5478c-app4&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=)

SchnauzerGirl
December 13th, 2005, 02:04 PM
When I had my first dog as a kid, he was already over a year old. It was sad not to know what month and day he was born, but it was nice not having to housebreak him! I consider my first dog a rescue because when we picked him he was matted, and tied to a clothes line outside of a trailer. The owner's kids were "dust busting" him and was just standing there looking miserable. He turned out to be a wonderful dog though. Before I got Schultz, I tried to adpot a 7 year old Schnazuer but I called too late and he was gone....:sad: